Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a short 25 mile drive up to Sturgis after getting my car serviced in Rapid City yesterday. About three miles from Sturgis is the Black Hills National Cemetery. It is so well kept that I thought I should stop and share some photos with all of our military on the forum.
Most of the original interments in the cemetery were soldiers from the Indian Wars in the late 1800's. Since that time it has been used to inter veterans from every major campaign the U.S. has been involved in. It is 105.9 acres and at the end of 2005 had 19,147 interments.

Photo #1 is not at the cemetery, but at Sturgis. I thought it was a great way to honor the soldiers who have passed on. The rest of the photos were taken at the cemetery. Now we can only hope they begin to take care of our vets who are still with us, as well as they take care of this beautiful cemetery.

Attachments

Reactions: Dodgeguy

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,513 Posts
Beautiful pictures, Betty! That does look well kept, and I share your sentiments exactly about taking care of our living veterans!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Many thanks. My wife and I are planning a vacation to the Dakotas some day. We want to come here, and to Mt Rushmore, of course.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,639 Posts
Great pictures Betty, sure is pretty country. The cemetery is very well kept looks like.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Thanks for the great pictures Betty.

·
12,989 Posts
Nice pictures Betty!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice pics, nice cemetery. We've stayed at the 2 campgrounds next door when we've been there for the rally. Been a few years now.
Been enjoying your pics, you live in one of the nicest regions in the country IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts