Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Black Hills National Cemetery

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  Lobo45 
#1 ·
I took a short 25 mile drive up to Sturgis after getting my car serviced in Rapid City yesterday. About three miles from Sturgis is the Black Hills National Cemetery. It is so well kept that I thought I should stop and share some photos with all of our military on the forum.
Most of the original interments in the cemetery were soldiers from the Indian Wars in the late 1800's. Since that time it has been used to inter veterans from every major campaign the U.S. has been involved in. It is 105.9 acres and at the end of 2005 had 19,147 interments.

Photo #1 is not at the cemetery, but at Sturgis. I thought it was a great way to honor the soldiers who have passed on. The rest of the photos were taken at the cemetery. Now we can only hope they begin to take care of our vets who are still with us, as well as they take care of this beautiful cemetery.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful pictures, Betty! That does look well kept, and I share your sentiments exactly about taking care of our living veterans!

#7 ·
Great pictures Betty, sure is pretty country. The cemetery is very well kept looks like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.