Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using their apple iOS device with a Bluetooth OBDII dongle/sender? I see there are apps on the Apple store for overlaying info from the OBD device on top of video for the phone's camera but I'm having trouble finding a Bluetooth device that will with Apple. Apparently apple's bluetooth implementation is either crippled, limited or just poorly done. I've seen some people suggest a wifi Bluetooth device but I've not looked I to those.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,694 Posts
I have tried a obdII wifi scanner with my i phone, it sent info to the phone.Still have not found the right app yet.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I cant speak about the bluetooth issues but I use the Torque app and a BAFX OBD adaptor and the combo works great for $30

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried a obdII wifi scanner with my i phone, it sent info to the phone.Still have not found the right app yet.
Which ones have you tried? I was hoping to be able to use something like Harry's Lap Timer.

I cant speak about the bluetooth issues but I use the Torque app and a BAFX OBD adaptor and the combo works great for $30
Android only, right? No good. I have Apple at the moment and not looking to change phones just to be able to use this function. If I could get an Android device that wasn't cost prohibitive and didn't require any sort of contract/subscription, I'd consider the Android route. Don't really want another cellphone bill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts