Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up all? Having a bit of trouble skimming through threads to find an answer. Starting the process of researching more power for my baby. Pretty sure ive settled on the Kenne Bell 2.8L S/C. Also perty darn sure im going to have it done down at HHP as i have only read good things about them. Need to take care of my sticky shifter probs first, which i understand is probably due to wrong grease in tranny from Manufacture. Also getting code. Going to dealer (im scared poopless about that, btw) for the tranny and get the code for me on fri. Code is prolly due to the hi flow cats from what i hear. But, finally my question.....Kenne Bell kit comes with a "Boost A Pump". I have read in some threads that there have been issues with these. Does anyone have more info on these? Have they been fixed? Were these probs on older models or do the probs still exist? I know some have had no issues, but id rather not take the chance if there is another option. Unless of course they are good to go now. Thanx in advance for any help.

·
"Gin'iro Ryuujin"
2,355 Posts
Most supercharger kits come with a BAP and as long as your wiring is correct, you should not have a problem. There have been a number of discussions on various forums on BAPs. From what I gather regardless of manufacturer the majority of problems had to do with incorrect installation of the BAP. In one particular case the member went through three BAPs before they recognized the wiring was the issue.

Since you are going to HHP you might have them put in a 392 fuel pump and bigger fuel lines to ensure you have no problems with fuel. If memory serves the 392 pump bolts directly in and provides fuel at 200 LPH vice the stock 6.1 pump at 175 LPH.

The other option is a complete return style fuel system. Personally that is what I would do. It will cost you more but in the end will grow with you as your power needs grow.

Bottom line: HHP has been supercharging our cars for a long time. They understand how to install BAPs and you shouldn't have any problems.

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks much for the info. Was really only a bit concerned because from reading, it sounded more like a product issue than an install issue. So I probably misunderstood that actual issue with it.
Also I would have to assume that they would rectify a product issue if it did exist. Makes more sense to be an install error. Especially being shops like HHP are installing them. Cause like I said i've only read good things about the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts