Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get the atak for my 13 rt I'm trying to figure out how the exhaust comes exactly I see some that have no mufflers behind the tips. If anyone has the atak on their 2008 to 14 and has a undershot of the exhaust please post.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,479 Posts
Only one set of mufflers right after the X pipe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only one set of mufflers right after the X pipe.
There were 2 model numbers the older model number came with the one set of mufflers after the x pipe the newer model number has the same but adds two additional mufflers right before the tips

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love my straight pipes, but 80mph cruising has a little drone. Does anyone have any experience with having straight pipes and then moving to any of the borla systems? That's what I would want. But straight pipe on this car sounds sooo good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love my straight pipes, but 80mph cruising has a little drone. Does anyone have any experience with having straight pipes and then moving to any of the borla systems? That's what I would want. But straight pipe on this car sounds sooo good.
I have a little done with my atak at like 2000rpm but I have a manual so it's not really bad. But the atak sounds incredible on my rt. On the srts the straight pipe is nice but I like the atak id recommend it if you don't want to lose that aggressive sound

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mike, do you have the same atak that I've got, With mufflers just before tips
No I have the older model with mid mufflers only. I chose this older model because I purchased a rear diffuser and the mufflers before the tips would've gotten in the way of mounting it

·
170 Posts
Just curious do you think with those mufflers at tips it's quietier then yours. I've heard guys/gals say how loud ataks are. Mine are awesome n loud on wot, sound great at idle but seem a little to quiet if your just going thru the gears. I don't have any drone though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious do you think with those mufflers at tips it's quietier then yours. I've heard guys/gals say how loud ataks are. Mine are awesome n loud on wot, sound great at idle but seem a little to quiet if your just going thru the gears. I don't have any drone though.
I think it's probably quieter than mine. Mine is loud all the time. Loudest at wot but still pretty loud going through the gears I don't know anyone to compare it with but I'm assuming adding another set of mufflers might dilute some sound.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The drone is really not that bad. For anyone who wants a mean start up and a loud sound pretty much all the time, try straight pipes before you spend so much on a system. I was just about to buy the atak but figured I'd just see what straight pipes sound like, and I really don't see myself changing! My shop charged 200 bucks for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts