Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "punch line" is that I love it.
2 weeks ago, Borla added ATAK and S-Type to their catalog for the 2018 GT. The YouTube videos give you some idea of all the systems out there, helpful for comparative purposes. It's a big investment, that you'e rolling the dice on since you can't try before you buy.
I'll say I don' have experience with a Flowmaster or Magnaflow cat-backs though I could have saved about $400. So perhaps with a little discussion here we can help those considering an exhaust upgrade to save money, or help them decide to go Borla - and feel good about the decision.
My biggest concern going in to this was the sound coming out of the V6. I didn't want my GT to sound like an 18 year-old's 1998 Honda civic w/o an exhaust.
It's hard for me to think this V6 could sound any better than it does with the Borla. I'm very happy with the sound!
The S-Type is clearly different than stock. It's still tame on cold-start, idle and under 2500 rpms. So no issues with neighbors. Above 2500, it's clear that something special is happening. It's not deep tone like the Hemi sound, but has a roar that adds excitement to our AWD experience. It also does NOT sound like a Honda.
(If you want to taunt your neighbors, maybe go with the ATAK)
The S-type does have a resonator and muffler. NO DRONE at any speed.
I hope this helps!
PS- My Audi mechanic buddy installed this in an hour, using the lift +2 buddies - but could be done in the ground by anyone with jack-stands.
(Oh, and Dodge forgot to bolt 1 of the hanger mounts to the car, so had to run to AutoZone- luckily Dodge didn't forget the hanger part! Car has 1400 miles)
20180114_064826.jpg

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Back in 2002 I put a Borla cat-back system on my 1993 Thunderbird Super Coupe with the supercharged V6. It made the V6 sound awesome and very few muffler systems can make a V6 sound great. Good choice!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I’m a big fan of Borla. On my AUDI TT’s, I’ve use Borla and its hard to get that deep sound with a 4 cylinder, but it does. Nice. I’ll be checking this out, thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,168 Posts
I have had three BORLA systems throughout the years and the ATAK on my current Challenger. Worth every penny IMO...

·
Registered
400 Posts
If I was going to change my exhaust it would be a Borla ATAK Exhaust system with BBK Shorty Headers. The Borla ATAK system sounds amazing even on the V-6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts