Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around on every forum for some answers but couldn't find anything. A few days ago, both of my key fobs do not work. Specifically, any thing remote doesn't work anymore i.e. keyless entry, handle button lock, lock and unlock and panic buttons, key fob not detected, etc. Ive been having to lock it from the button on the inside and use the metal key within the fob to unlock my door, which by the way why the hell does that ALWAYS set the alarm off unless I manually push the lock stick things on the door arm rest??? Back to the point, ive cleaned and put new batteries in the fobs, and the only thing I can think of is that the receiver within the car is broke either due to low car battery voltage (ive got a 3000 watt system in it and got a stronger battery a few years back when I built the system, never had an issue then). Any ideas? Also, has anyone else constantly have their negative terminal connector be consistently corroded until failure? Its a pain to keep making new ones or replacing with another Chrysler terminal wire about every 6 months. Note that also occurred prior to building my sound system.

·
Premium Member
17,267 Posts
The only contribution I can make is that I doubt its a FOB issue and my battery terminal connectors have never looked like that in 11 years. Hopefully someone will be able to identify possible causes and solutions.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Remotes not working. The WIN module went bad.
Negative battery corrosion. It's a good thing you mentioned the stereo system. It's caused by low frequencies (usually the sub-woofer) riding as a parasite signal on the DC battery terminal. But always on the negative. Never the positive. You need a deep understanding of electronics to understand why. And yes, a bad stock stereo system can cause the same problem.
-John

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,481 Posts
In the top picture, there is something not quite right about the battery vent tube connection and it's location. ??????? All that corrosion looks like acid fumes not being properly vented.

·
8,481 Posts
Also, have you removed the fuse box cover? I believe you're seeing just the tip of the iceberg from your first photo.

·
8,481 Posts
Just got through checking my 2010 R/T. My battery vent is located on the positive side of the battery and there is a small black plastic plug on the negative side of the battery. Like I said in my previous post, something doesn't look right in your first photo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts