Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked, but failed to find this issue discussed prior... I just got my car washed, and was ready to leave the car wash. And now the parking brake light is flashing on the dash. I pull the release again thinking, hey, I'm old, maybe I forgot to release it. Nope. The car is running, so I try to move. It drives fine, except for the annoying flashing red light and the occasional warning beep. Now here is gets stranger, I pull up to stop light and put on the parking brake and the light goes out. So I release it, and the light come back on. OK, WTF! I also tried to move with parking brake on (light off), brake is working fine, car would not move and almost stalled. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Is there a simple solution, maybe a wire to cut?? I'm not above the possibility of 'rednecking' it to make it work.
Thanks
Steve

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,405 Posts
The brake light also functions as a brake system trouble light. Possibly one of the brake sensors got soaked. If it doesn't dry out by morning and turn off the light, a dealership visit may be in your future. The owner's manual states, if the brake light comes on, along with the ABS light, then you have a serious brake malfunction. Hope that dry Texas air does it's magic overnight.

·
Premium Member
12,626 Posts
Goods heads up....

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
My Jeep did that once. Turned about the brake fluid was low. Something to check

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA
1 - 4 of 4 Posts