Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my dodge challenger R/T plus taken to the shop the other day because the brakes were squealing as I drive. The sound is coming from the front right passenger side and starts when the car is dusty, but goes away when washed or brakes are applied. Does anyone know what to do? Mechanic said brakes were fine so I have no idea. Thanks!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,100 Posts
You likely have some foreign debris caught between the rotor and the rotor cover. Take the wheel off and check with a flashlight. Use a wooden dowel or a screwdriver wrapped in tape to dislodge the foreign object

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You likely have some foreign debris caught between the rotor and the rotor cover. Take the wheel off and check with a flashlight. Use a wooden dowel or a screwdriver wrapped in tape to dislodge the foreign object
I did not think of that. Thanks! But sounds appears when car is dirty and goes away when washed, but then comes back again.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
Then by all means never let your car get dirty. Problem solved.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,456 Posts
With my 13' brake dust, squeal was horrible.... I now have EBC slotted/dimpled rotors and yellow stuff pads... very little dust and NO squeal at all.....

Reactions: Bee Keeper 16

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,100 Posts
I did not think of that. Thanks! But sounds appears when car is dirty and goes away when washed, but then comes back again.
You might want to try having your rotors resurfaced. Do you have any shudder in the brake pedal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts