Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
... I just prefer having that level of control when I want more RPMs. ...
You can have the same level of control with the A8, using either the paddle shifters or the autostick. Using either and in sport mode the trans will not up shift by itself. You can drive around at 5,000 RPM at all times if you're so inclined. Not trying the change your mind but the new A8 isn't an old 4L60e from 20 years ago. It acts the exact same as a manual if you want it to, just without a clutch pedal. Plus a new automatic against a manual is ... never mind, I won't start that conversation here. :giggle:

·
Registered
79 Posts
John and all, thanks so much for the info. I'm not giving up yet. Not sure how I can get them to pull the transmission to check that. My only leverage right now is the fact that the dealership mentioned the clutch may need to come out if he were going to dig deeper, even though he said it looked fine (so why bring it up?) Would the trans need to come out for that clutch replacement? Maybe if I could get them to replace the clutch, they can check that while it's out

Thanks again
Hi GreenHornet15, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Transmission. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer again. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer again, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
With all due respect the driving experience of stick and auto are not the same regardless of autostick. I picked stick because that is the experience I like. I don't care that the auto is a faster racer. I don't race my HC, just enjoy rowing the gears around town and on the highway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi GreenHornet15, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Transmission. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer again. If you end up addressing this with your local Dodge dealer again, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
DodgeCares
Hey Rob - thanks so much for reaching out! I sent you a message with an overview of my situation and the shop I've been working with.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey Rob - thanks so much for reaching out! I sent you a message with an overview of my situation and the shop I've been working with.
Hopefully the added level of assistance @DodgeCares will be of some value. Sticking in gear with a new trans is just not a safe situation! I wonder if there would be some liability if you had an accident because of the trans after all you have done to try to get it taken care of by Dodge?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi GreenHornet15, we responded to your DM, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi GreenHornet15, we responded to your DM, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.
Rob
DodgeCares
Thanks Rob! I don't see a response to you on my "conversation". Can you double check you sent it to me and not someone else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Driving your car with the issues it has isn't going to do your new transmission any good, that's for sure. I hope your dealer will step up. BTW, how many miles on yours?

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's nice to see @DodgeCares jump in to try to help Dodge owners resolve problems

GreenHornet .... I think you've received some great advice. Hopefully you can get the dealer to take the steps to get your issue resolved once and for all. I can tell you that the M6 in my '15 Challenger is occasionally "notch" going into 2nd, but nothing like you're describing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's nice to see @DodgeCares jump in to try to help Dodge owners resolve problems

GreenHornet .... I think you've received some great advice. Hopefully you can get the dealer to take the steps to get your issue resolved once and for all. I can tell you that the M6 in my '15 Challenger is occasionally "notch" going into 2nd, but nothing like you're describing.
Agreed. Dodge has been great in their support. The next challenge may be convincing them they need to pull the transmission again to replace the pilot bearing, throw out bearing and the slave cylinder. At this point, I would pay for the parts if it would fix my problem. The clutch replacement may not even fix it if it's being caused by one of these other issues and it sounds like the clutch wouldn't be covered under warranty, so hopefully the dealership will explore other paths and address my problem under warranty before I have to crack open my wallet.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
554 Posts
With all due respect the driving experience of stick and auto are not the same regardless of autostick. I picked stick because that is the experience I like. I don't care that the auto is a faster racer. I don't race my HC, just enjoy rowing the gears around town and on the highway.
I didn't say it's the same experience, I was just saying you can control the rpm's the same. That's all I meant. Just wanted to clarify that. :)

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I didn't say it's the same experience, I was just saying you can control the rpm's the same. That's all I meant. Just wanted to clarify that. :)
Thank you! I get your point now. I really do enjoy old fashioned gear changing especially with 707hp! But then I'm an old geezer who used to tinker a lot with cars 50-60 years ago.

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
Thank you! I get your point now. I really do enjoy old fashioned gear changing especially with 707hp! But then I'm an old geezer who used to tinker a lot with cars 50-60 years ago.
It's nice to have two hands on the steering wheel when you let it fly.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Here is something you can't do with an automatic... A few years back when I had the 2013 RT, I was Getting it ready for spring rollout and the battery had only enough power to turn on the dashboard lights and at that time I had loaned my battery charger to my cousin across town a few months earlier. (Figures!:mad:) So, I pushed it out out of the garage and let it roll down my steep driveway, jumped in, put it in 4th gear and popped the clutch and it was up and running. :D
The battery ended up failing a load test at the dealer so they replaced it under warranty.
-John

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
7,970 Posts
Here is something you can't do with an automatic... A few years back when I had the 2013 RT, I was Getting it ready for spring rollout and the battery had only enough power to turn on the dashboard lights and at that time I had loaned my battery charger to my cousin across town a few months earlier. (Figures!:mad:) So, I pushed it out out of the garage and let it roll down my steep driveway, jumped in, put it in 4th gear and popped the clutch and it was up and running. :D
The battery ended up failing a load test at the dealer so they replaced it under warranty.
-John
BRAGGER!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts