Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody use a buffing pad cleaner? I see those where they are like a plunger setup in a 5 gallon bucket. Do these work very well.

Now I use a cleaning spray, try and work the old wax out with my thumbs in a bucket of water, then throwing them in the washing machine with micro fiber towels.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
3,518 Posts
Dawn Diswashing Soap in the Washing Machine with my Rags and Pads and about 1 ounce of bleach since all mine are White with no color so I know they are clean.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
59,355 Posts
Does anybody use a buffing pad cleaner? I see those where they are like a plunger setup in a 5 gallon bucket. Do these work very well.

Now I use a cleaning spray, try and work the old wax out with my thumbs in a bucket of water, then throwing them in the washing machine with micro fiber towels.

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I generally hand wash my buffer pads and car cleaning micro fiber towels in a bucket of water with a dish soap and carwash mix. After wringing everything out I throw it in the wash with my jeans. No fabric softeners!

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I've use this... Works good.
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Bottle cap Fluid

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don’t have one of those contraptions but I have sandwiched pads between two facing grit guards in a bucket and squished up and down with a stick. That’s after they’ve been soaking for a long while with plenty of APC.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,991 Posts
Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
They really work. I got mine at Summit Racing. I use the two bucket system. One for soap and one for rinse with a grit guard in each bucket. Lightly wetting an area with a water sprayer is good at initially loosening the dirt on a body panel.

·
Registered
75 Posts
They really work. I got mine at Summit Racing. I use the two bucket system. One for soap and one for rinse with a grit guard in each bucket. Lightly wetting an area with a water sprayer is good at initially loosening the dirt on a body panel.
The washboard attachment is a great addition to the traditional grit guard.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
The washboard attachment is a great addition to the traditional grit guard.
I don't believe I have seen a washboard attachment that you mention. It fits a bucket? I haven't used a washboard since Boy Scouts!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
It’s in the link provided by @TRCM. Attaches to grit guard.
Oh! Now I see! I have never seen that attachment before. I see how effective it is to have one.
Thanks for clarifying!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts