Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch, BMR susp., Belanger Headers, Lowered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to build my own set or reliable and adjustable ends.. anyone that has purchased the Speed Logix or other adjustable bumb steer ends. do you know if both when shipped are left or right hand threaded?

I know the oem replacements are matching no matter the side you install..

looking at using allstar performance hardware, 5/8 pro rod ends, hex alum. tubing..

so far i believe the rod ends are 5/8-18 thread ends,
an the oem threads, are i believe. M15-1.5 ..

will update as i go.

·
Registered
2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch, BMR susp., Belanger Headers, Lowered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update.. so after talking to many manufactures. as well measuring spindles, and oem replacement tie rods.. Everyone that keep buying the Bumbsteers that are out there(3 of them that i can find) are all breaking.. Reason is this..

The Spindle inner dia. is way bigger, and deeper. than any of the ones people make today. the inner bore near top measures .650ish,, lower is over .750 .. the angle is 7%..
all the ones that are breaking.. an people are still offering(which is a major safety issue) the small side is .510 and large is .620.. well if you install that into a dodge spindle.. it only touches .200 from top.. so there is major gap in the bore. an when you tighten.. and drive.. SNAP.. you break.

I have talked.. an there are few options.. Some one with mad machine shop skills. can make a insert for the spindle.. to downside the bore to take the aftermarket size adapters. .. using a 7degree angle.. and the min.max.. of the adapters.. will resolve the bore gap issues.

best option.. we get allstarperformance.. or. BMR../ Steeda/ qa1.. or someone to make a adapter for the hemi kit.. adjustable base. with the correct dimensions so not undersized.

current days market you want to just to the whiteline bumpsteer kit*adjust the rack a bit when you have a lowered car, an some new oem style tie rods..

·
Registered
1937 ram, 1970 340 Duster, 1993 stealth, 2010 challenger rt, 2014 ram
593 Posts
I guess I am a little confused, you want to upgrade to after market, but everything out their has too small of taper is that right? All tie rod matches should be left & right for adjustment.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Challenger ones are both right hand thread.. an correct i wanted a on car adjustment option.. which have the wrong taper that they are all selling

·
Registered
1937 ram, 1970 340 Duster, 1993 stealth, 2010 challenger rt, 2014 ram
593 Posts
I guess they want you to buy there spindles. It's not just skill set, I have that, it's the equipment ( lathe & taper tool ) that's also needed. Looks you need a .090 tapered shim, good luck.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
best part is .. no one offers the spindle lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts