Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it may sound like a strange inquiry - has anyone tried to put a bulb into the reflectors in the trunk lid and wired into turn signals? thought about it while looking at back end and thinking of sequential turn signals. gotta be a way to do it. yeah, I understand that it is only a reflector, but there must be a way to put a bulb in it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Maybe it is me but I don't understand what your wanting to do. Put a bulb in your reflector in the trunk? I'm not judging you...just dont understand what you're trying to do.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it is me but I don't understand what your wanting to do. Put a bulb in your reflector in the trunk? I'm not judging you...just dont understand what you're trying to do.
yes, the taillights look like they continue onto the trunk lid, but those are only reflectors. question is - has anyone converted those reflectors into active lights?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
are you referring to the space above and below the backup light area? Something that could help me and others understand is take a pic if you can and upload it pointing to what you are trying to explain.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,605 Posts
yes, the taillights look like they continue onto the trunk lid, but those are only reflectors. question is - has anyone converted those reflectors into active lights?
There are no spaces that are just reflectors. There are 4 bulbs on each side of the tail lights. All 8 light up for park lamps, only the outer 2 on each side for signal/brake/flasher (with exception to sequentials).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are no spaces that are just reflectors. There are 4 bulbs on each side of the tail lights. All 8 light up for park lamps, only the outer 2 on each side for signal/brake/flasher (with exception to sequentials).
thanks, I'l take a closer look- guess I missed it when I first examined. gotta love this forum. saves me a lot of guesswork and grief.
Joe V

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, I'l take a closer look- guess I missed it when I first examined. gotta love this forum. saves me a lot of guesswork and grief.
Joe V
Doh!!! what do ya know, there's bulbs in there . I'm in the middle of installing sequential turn signals mod now. stuck at the step for removing the lights in the lid. Anyone in Chicago SW suburbs that's done this already?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
you have to pop out the side covers on the center light section, there are a couple small screws, one on each side, you also remove the two plugs under the light, youll see them after you have popped the trunk open, if im not mistaken you just have to pry gently to remove the light, the black piece where the trunk button is comes off with the light and has clips that hold it in place if memory serves. Its not the first crew you see before you take the cover off but the second one behind the cover. the cover slides toward the trunk to remove it, there is four of thos wing type nuts like on the side lenses and then it all pops out as one piece.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
added to post above, little out of order but isnt to difficult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts