Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,567 Posts
Figure out the Fair Market Value (FMV) for a used Challenger. You can do that on cargurus.com. Remember that FMV will likely be higher in large cities, so you may want to target smaller towns or rural areas. You can use the FMV to figure out the median price for a Challenger based upon it's location for sales negotiations.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hey Guys I'm living in the Czech Republic and I'm interested in 2017 and newer Challenger Scat Pack Shaker but I need some tips and tricks how to buy used car in the US. At first I really don't understand how can be offered 2 years old car for almost 40k when new costs 45k? https://www.autotrader.com
Price is not fact only an opinion.

My advice is to use www.kbb.com or www.nada.com and put in details of the car you are interested in and see what the whole sale/trade in value is. It is not uncommon for a dealer to mark up the price of a used car by 20% or more. (Shortly after I traded in my 2006 GTO I found it for sale on a GM dealer lot. (The GM dealer owned by the same famly that owned the Porsche dealer where I traded the GTO for a new Cayman S.) The mark up was 26% over what I was allowed as a trade in for the car.)

Whole sale/trade in is how much the seller has in the car. How much over this you pay depends upon how bad you want the car and how dear the seller values the car.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,876 Posts
even FL has salt from the ocean....AZ would be better

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,707 Posts
Reactions: HotDan and BADMOPAR

·
Registered
84 Posts
Figure out the Fair Market Value (FMV) for a used Challenger. You can do that on cargurus.com. Remember that FMV will likely be higher in large cities, so you may want to target smaller towns or rural areas. You can use the FMV to figure out the median price for a Challenger based upon it's location for sales negotiations.
I agree. Car Gurus shows you how the price of a certain car compares to market value. You can set parameters to find exactly what you are looking for. You can search new or used. All kinds of dealers advertise their cars on Cargurus.com. While using Car Gurus, I did find that Carvana had some of the best prices in the used car market.

I found my car through Car Gurus at a dealership 310 miles away from my house. It was almost exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for a B5, Destroyer Grey, or White Knuckle 392 T/A with no other options. I didn't want the driver's convenience group, but I am glad i have it now. It was a brand new car that I paid a used car price for.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Absolutely. Mostly I'm looking for car from FL
don't get one from florida. lots of these cars are from flooded states and most of the challengers owners that I have seen here in florida beat on their cars. so unless the car is from a dealer and still has a warranty or is cpo, get one from Arizona like was posted before

Reactions: BADMOPAR

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your depreciation calculator isn't going to be correct for the car you're looking for, there are to many factors to deal with plus a car like this doesn't depreciate the same as your average say toyota, it's an enthusiast car so one that has low miles and in really nice shape is still going to command a good dollar for a car that is a couple years old, for the 45k you're talking on a new one it will be a more entry level scat pack, start adding things like the shaker, larger wheels, brembos etc the price can climb quickly, i would suggest if you are pulling out of the u.s get from a dry state like navada, arizona, etc and avoid any rust issues and happy hunting

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,707 Posts
Actually I'm working in Germany and I do speak German.
Then you need to research what you can have because you'll have to deal with TÜV.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
even FL has salt from the ocean....AZ would be better
My info is Florida cars tend to be all other things considered more desirable than cars from other states.

Lack of exposure to road salt and generally low miles.

AZ has a number of mountains and towns/cities in these mountains which of course during winter can get a lot of snow and thus get salt put on the roads.

Flagstaff:

Resized Flagstaff Snow and Boxster.jpg

Yeah, sure a FL car could be driven north and thus be subjected to road salt but this has to be less common than an AZ car being from someplace that gets road salt.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts