Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
My info is Florida cars tend to be all other things considered more desirable than cars from other states.

Lack of exposure to road salt and generally low miles.

AZ has a number of mountains and towns/cities in these mountains which of course during winter can get a lot of snow and thus get salt put on the roads.

Flagstaff:

View attachment 253433

Yeah, sure a FL car could be driven north and thus be subjected to road salt but this has to be less common than an AZ car being from someplace that gets road salt.
This is generally correct but when we speak of Arizona cars, it's usually understood that the reference is to southwest Arizona.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your depreciation calculator isn't going to be correct for the car you're looking for, there are to many factors to deal with plus a car like this doesn't depreciate the same as your average say toyota, it's an enthusiast car so one that has low miles and in really nice shape is still going to command a good dollar for a car that is a couple years old, for the 45k you're talking on a new one it will be a more entry level scat pack, start adding things like the shaker, larger wheels, brembos etc the price can climb quickly, i would suggest if you are pulling out of the u.s get from a dry state like navada, arizona, etc and avoid any rust issues and happy hunting
Actually I was opening the Dodge webside and picked all the option I want and the price was 44 k and something. I don't care about ventilated seats or adaptive cruise control.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey All, just adding to this with more questions (this time from Switzerland!). I'm looking to buy a Challenger (2018 Scat Pack, probably) in early 2021 somewhere in the US and bring it to Switzerland. my question is; When searching online (autotrader / carmax), is the price listed an 'out the door' price or do i need to consider tax and anything else on top? Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
50,609 Posts
Typically the price is before tax and fees.

Reactions: jackles85

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, I bought mine last week. The price was before tax and fees but thanks to carfax.com and Lemonsquad.com I was able to deal better price. The only fee I paid was processing fee $800. When you want to export your car you need to obtain Bill of Lading from your shipping company. Then you won't pay any taxes. Good luck 😎

·
Registered
18 Posts
@BADMOPAR Thanks for this - great advice! So I need to obtain the bill of lading before the purchase and take it to the car lot and they wont add the tax OR do I claim the tax back after the purchase? Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@BADMOPAR Thanks for this - great advice! So I need to obtain the bill of lading before the purchase and take it to the car lot and they wont add the tax OR do I claim the tax back after the purchase? Cheers
I wire transfer the money without a tax and now my agent in the US obtaining Bill of lading and need to send it to dealership. Then he can pick up the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wire transfer the money without a tax and now my agent in the US obtaining Bill of lading and need to send it to dealership. Then he can pick up the car.
ok this is good to know, although I want to buy the car personally on a trip to the US rather than using an agent! lets see how it goes...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good thought but don’t forget if it’s been outside and not garaged it’s been broiling in the hot FL sun cooking the paint and interior, people seem to forget about that.
What state is the best place to buy a used Challenger in your opinion?

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
3,707 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
What state is the best place to buy a used Challenger in your opinion?
Your not going to believe it but your better off buying one from up here in my part of the country because all of us up here put our challengers away for 6 months or more in our garages and only take them out on good days during spring and summer months. My 08 has never seen rain or snow or salted roads, I don’t even take it out if it’s to windy or to hot or even if it’s to humid outside. So up here in New England is actually one of the better places to buy a used challenger IMO

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
whatever state that has the previous owner not do stupid things in the challenger you are looking at. please check the carfax and all the info on the car. its not like it was back in the day when there was a different car for what region you were in. i bought a southern car from a dealer. had no undercoating, or a heater. it had a/c weirdest thing. good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well guys sometimes you can't choose the state where you want to buy your car. In my case I was searching for black 2017 and newer Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker with black interior, automatic transmission, driver convenience and technology group. In six months I have found maybe 3 or 4 for sale but nobody didn't answer my emails. Finally I bought one without technology group.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts