Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really sure what forum or category to post this and sorry in advance if I post it on the wrong place. Does anyone know about California modification restrictions? As in engine, cams, porting, exhaust etc. DMV gets really anal about smog out here. So if anyone has infom please help a brotha out!
Thank you
Joaquin

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,641 Posts
Sure!

Access the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Aftermarket Parts Database of Executive Orders

You can search either by executive order, or by the manufacturer's device. Match up the model # of the device or part you are considering, and the remarks will let you know whether the device is allowed or not.

CARB.JPG

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
12,339 Posts
I know that my MOPAR CAI came with a CA. CARB sticker with it. If you go to Auto Anything and look at things like CAT back exhaust they will state which ones are CARB certified. Man my car would not last two minutes in the left coast... Thank God I am a red neck...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that my MOPAR CAI came with a CA. CARB sticker with it. If you go to Auto Anything and look at things like CAT back exhaust they will state which ones are CARB certified. Man my car would not last two minutes in the left coast... Thank God I am a red neck...
Haha thanks for the response man i will defenetly lookinto it

·
Registered
957 Posts
California must be a really scary place to live, between the wild fires, mud slides, earth quakes, dams that are on the verge of collapse and everything that can cause cancer... I'm glad I live on the east coast.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
California must be a really scary place to live, between the wild fires, mud slides, earth quakes, dams that are on the verge of collapse and everything that can cause cancer... I'm glad I live on the east coast.
Honestly, it's not all that bad. We just had a crazy winter this year and that's about it, but once it comes to engine modifications or anything out of the ordinary. Then that's when things get heated with PD and neighbor's

·
Registered
84 Posts
We also have a horrible governor that is a super liberal nut! He just raised car registrations by 200% and increased the state gas tax! I am born and raised Southern California but its really getting so crowded and very undisirable to live here anymore. Can't beat the weather though that's for sure.

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We also have a horrible governor that is a super liberal nut! He just raised car registrations by 200% and increased the state gas tax! I am born and raised Southern California but its really getting so crowded and very undisirable to live here anymore. Can't beat the weather though that's for sure.
All we really got at this point is the weather-_-

·
Registered
636 Posts
You must watch the drama queen news too much.

It's no worse than all the hurricanes, tornado's and violent damaging storms you guys have on the East Coast, not to mention the sweltering Humid Summers and killer blizzards and snow storms.......although I'm sure that's blown out of proportion too, just like Earthquakes are in California.

BTW.....I've lived in Southern California for over 30 years and never experienced a mud slide, wild fire or any dam on the verge of collapse. I have experienced a mild earthquake or two in all those years but I don't think that California has any exclusive on Cancer??

·
Registered
292 Posts
We can race all year long...If that's what appeals to you...
Besides Surfing and Skiing on the same day...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts