Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to this excellent post a few days ago by jackal
http://www.challengerforumz.com/showpost.php?p=965001&postcount=2
I thought I'd give my guy at my dealership a call today and just feel them out about getting a 2015 RT Scat Pac 392 base car with only option the appearance package. Told him if they could get me out the door for 42K I'd come and talk to them about trading in my RT. This was at lunch time today. He told me he was on the computer there and that no pricing was yet available to them but that he would talk to the manager and get back to me. Well....about 5 today he calls me back and tells me they can not even talk to me about it becouse they still have no idea on 2015 prices. I say ...really...so you don't even know about the released base price on the Hellcat??? No...we have no idea. So I tell him the announced price and he is being polite...but...well....you get the picture...need I say more??:shakehead:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
Sounds like they're living in a vacuum!

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts
Maybe you caught them right in the middle of figuring out their markups.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe you caught them right in the middle of figuring out their markups.
I surely had that thought too. I mean...basicaly...it would have to be a REALLY good deal for me to put myself in another 6 years of the payments I have right now which is why I made the you pay the sales tax and I'll pay the MSRP offer today to them but either they really don't know...or there isn't enough profit for them to bother with me. Either way I win. On one hand I get a good deal...on the other I keep a great car and am paid off a year from now.:wavey:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Do you think they will bite???

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Oh I have no doubt that I've put myself in the gunsights for countless calls for cars I either don't want...or prices I WILL NOT pay!!!...LOL

Well, if you're a masochist thats part of the fun, right??

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,694 Posts
Honestly I believe Dodge has the worst communication within the corporation I have seen. And don't blame Fiat, it has been going on long before they were in the picture.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly I believe Dodge has the worst communication within the corporation I have seen. And don't blame Fiat, it has been going on long before they were in the picture.
Talk about bad communication...I'm glad no one has been around to hear all the pleading I've been doing with Cindy this past week...LMAO:shakehead::D

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, if you're a masochist thats part of the fun, right??
Dentist...funerals...hospitals and shopping. Maybe not in that order....but man I HATE em!!! The last 3 cars I've bought have been me saying the bottom line of what I'll accept right from the start...and Cindy twisting arms until they give in. She LOVES this stuff...I would rather be in the dentist chair...LOL

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

No kidding. I called one of the local dealers this week. They did not know the order bank dates and they thought they might get pricing by September. I told them Dodge had already public released the base price info and they told me I was probably looking at a magazine or blogger who was speculating. So I sent them the email link to the Dodge press release. They went radio silent after that. I guess its kind of embarrassing when your customer know more than you do....

So I'd say yeah, their internal comms are pretty lacking...

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Talk about bad communication...I'm glad no one has been around to hear all the pleading I've been doing with Cindy this past week...LMAO:shakehead::D
I am surprised she is even listening......

Mine just gave me that look that screams "dont even think it, cause you're already a dead man. The only reason you're still walking is because I choose to let you live....."

sigh:4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am surprised she is even listening......

Mine just gave me that look that screams "dont even think it, cause you're already a dead man. The only reason you're still walking is because I choose to let you live....."

sigh:4-dontknow:
That was for sure the first 3 or so days of my trying with the Hellcat which I KNEW for sure was not even possible. Then I switched tactics the beginning of this week. Where I now have a reluctant OK....I can tell you...I'm the only one happy about the possible trade...LOL

·
Registered
75 Posts
No kidding. I called one of the local dealers this week. They did not know the order bank dates and they thought they might get pricing by September. I told them Dodge had already public released the base price info and they told me I was probably looking at a magazine or blogger who was speculating. So I sent them the email link to the Dodge press release. They went radio silent after that. I guess its kind of embarrassing when your customer know more than you do....

So I'd say yeah, their internal comms are pretty lacking...
Or their employees aren't top notch and don't care enough to pay attention...

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm with he opinion they're thinking big markup already and figure people will pay. I went through that in 2005 when I tried to buy my 300 and told them to stick the markup where the sun don't shine I'll wait, the guys calls me an hour later and says they'll give me sticker price and I said nope so finally they said sticker and $3000.00 in any accessories I wanted so I bought it.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
Dentist...funerals...hospitals and shopping. Maybe not in that order....but man I HATE em!!! The last 3 cars I've bought have been me saying the bottom line of what I'll accept right from the start...and Cindy twisting arms until they give in. She LOVES this stuff...I would rather be in the dentist chair...LOL
Ha! I'm with ya on the dentist, funerals, hospitals & shopping. I know, I am a woman and I am supposed to like shopping. Not me! Wondering around a store for hours looking at junk----no fun!

Good luck with this possible car decision! I like your choice, hope it can happen.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Or their employees aren't top notch and don't care enough to pay attention...
That is the impression I get about the salesmen every time I go to ANY Dodge dealership……..and I mentioned wanting to look into the new Challengers and the wife asked I were sick or going crazy…….she loves the FF R/T.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Ha! I'm with ya on the dentist, funerals, hospitals & shopping. I know, I am a woman and I am supposed to like shopping. Not me! Wondering around a store for hours looking at junk----no fun!

Good luck with this possible car decision! I like your choice, hope it can happen.

B - I was at the dealership this morning talking to them about the Hellcat. They had a picture of one in Pearl Jazz Blue. OH MY GOSH - it was drop dead gorgeous!!!!!

They didnt have much info, but I am starting to seriously think about this.... I have been saving up my money so at the end of this summer I have enough to do about $20K worth of engine work. My thinking when I bought the R/T Plus back in 2012 was that for the same price as a loaded SRT I can get more performance by buying an R/T Plus and dumping $20K into serious engine mods - about 625 at the crank vs 470 for the SRT. And that is still true.....however

If I take that $20K and put it down on a Hellcat, my car payment will only be about $100 more a month than it is now and I will have MORE power than if I modded my R/T as planned, and I will have a factory warranty on a supercharged car (which I wont the moment I open up the R/T's 5.7 engine)...

Damn - its tempting.....

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
B - I was at the dealership this morning talking to them about the Hellcat. They had a picture of one in Pearl Jazz Blue. OH MY GOSH - it was drop dead gorgeous!!!!!

They didnt have much info, but I am starting to seriously think about this.... I have been saving up my money so at the end of this summer I have enough to do about $20K worth of engine work. My thinking when I bought the R/T Plus back in 2012 was that for the same price as a loaded SRT I can get more performance by buying an R/T Plus and dumping $20K into serious engine mods - about 625 at the crank vs 470 for the SRT. And that is still true.....however

If I take that $20K and put it down on a Hellcat, my car payment will only be about $100 more a month than it is now and I will have MORE power than if I modded by R/T as planned, and I will have a factory warranty on a supercharged car (which I wont the moment I open up the R/T's 5.7 engine)...

Damn - its tempting.....
LMAO!!!...This is just the kind of rationalizations that are going to keep me from ever retiring and broke!!! [email protected] you Dodge!!!:gy:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
LMAO!!!...This is just the kind of rationalizations that are going to keep me from ever retiring and broke!!! [email protected] you Dodge!!!:gy:

Dan - feel free to put your own spin on it and try it out on Cindy. let me know how that goes for you!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts