#1 Mustang
#2 Challenger
#3 Camaro

·
Registered
2020 392 Scat Pack Widebody
131 Posts
Well that camaro is junk so it's no surprise that it's last again
Being a current Camaro owner, I wouldn't agree with this at all. All 3 of my current gen camaros are very reliable with 2 having well over 100k miles with no major issues other than maintenance. Compare that to my challenger, that had to have an engine replaced at less than 21k miles (and I've seen many common stories about engine/transmission replacements on these Challenger forums). Now, I really do like my Challenger more, it's my daily driver and it's a blast to drive, but the Camaro can be just as fun. I think the Camaro has dropped because people have figured out that the car is not suited to the everyday driver, and if you drive one, you'll know what I mean.
I love my SRT, it's a great car and I hope it lasts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Being a current Camaro owner, I wouldn't agree with this at all. All 3 of my current gen camaros are very reliable with 2 having well over 100k miles with no major issues other than maintenance. Compare that to my challenger, that had to have an engine replaced at less than 21k miles (and I've seen many common stories about engine/transmission replacements on these Challenger forums). Now, I really do like my Challenger more, it's my daily driver and it's a blast to drive, but the Camaro can be just as fun. I think the Camaro has dropped because people have figured out that the car is not suited to the everyday driver, and if you drive one, you'll know what I mean.
I love my SRT, it's a great car and I hope it lasts.
I have driven both a current gen and a previous gen car, the performance was ok but the car is small, hard to get in and out of and really hard to see out of, out of the 3 it is clearly the hardest to live with on a daily basis for sure

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3rd quarter #s #1 Challenger
#2 Mustang
#3 Camaro.

·
Premium Member
3,872 Posts
For big people, the Mustang and Camaro is a sardine can. The Challenger is the only answer for us big people. I'm not talking necessarily obese, however, I'm 6' 3" and my head hits the roof in the Mustang and Camaro.
-John

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,644 Posts
The Challenger is the only retro muscle car that has remained true to it's design since 2008. Sheet metal changed slightly in 2015, but Dodge has kept it's 1970's inspiration consistent through 14 model years. Even then, the 2015+ taillight and front grill treatments follow the redesigns from 1972. The Mustang and Camaro started off with the same retro design cues in 2006 and 2009 respectively, but have "evolved" their offerings several times since. I think this plays strongly into the current sales statistics.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,046 Posts
I have driven both a current gen and a previous gen car, the performance was ok but the car is small, hard to get in and out of and really hard to see out of, out of the 3 it is clearly the hardest to live with on a daily basis for sure

I'd personally say the same about the mustang......

·
Registered
961 Posts
The Challenger is the only retro muscle car that has remained true to it's design since 2008.
Except for the wide body fender flares. I like the look of them but I prefer the classic look of no fender flares. To me the Challenger looks much less retro and less recognisable as a Challenger with the flares.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Recently , Set. 2020 I was on the hunt for a high hp Challenger or Camaro. The Camaro lost out due to it's very poor visibility and I'm 6'. The Mustang was not under consideration as I feel it's a cheap car with low quality components based on previous ownership issues.

The fender flares were dropped years ago by auto makers as the drag reduced MPG.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Camaro looks great. As TheOldGuy stated, it isn’t the best choice for big/tall people. I’m 6’1” and I test drove a Camaro before buying a Challenger. Previously, I was a GM fan and still own a 4th generation Firebird. But you have to respect some of those engines In the Camaro! Personally, I love all 3 (Mustang included) but love the Challenger for the room, looks, and great highway manners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts