Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, just bought a 2014 challenger shaker and i am wondering if water and soap will go into the air breather if i drive it through the car wash ?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I'm sure it'll be fine, doubt Dodge would make a car that couldn't go through a car wash without any issues.

But with that said, if it were me I'd wait and just handwash it with a bucket and sponge. Easier on the paint and less chances for scratching, etc.

The shakers are sweet, saw some at the auto show this year, very nice car!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Ah it will be fine, I've gone through a car wash (touch less) a couple times, no issues. I prefer to hand wash it though, car washes never get it to the point that I want.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
I used to use the touchless ones on occasion. I read up on how harsh the chemicals and cleaners are that they use to get your car so clean without touching it and stopped using them after that.

Now I just use spray coin car washes and use wax and rinse in the winter, otherwise I just handwash it.

We take my wife's 300 that we're leasing through the regular car wash all the time and I have yet to see any scratches on it, so it seems to be pretty good so far. I'm just too paranoid about scratches on my Challenger to ever take it through.

I've never had any issues with water getting through the hood scoops and causing any issues and I highly doubt it would cause any issues on a shaker hood too. Wouldn't make much sense to make a car to sell to the public that you can't even drive through a car wash.

You should post up some pics of your car. The shakers are pretty sweet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you very much! I know I sound over protective but I didnt want to risk the air scoop sucking up soap and water into the engine. and I will put up a pic soon as I get a chance. thanks again , have a super day!

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I hope your going through a brush-less one. Yikes ! I hand wash and blow dry with a leaf blower.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Like everyone else has been saying you should be safe, Chrysler isn't going to build a car that can't been driven in the rain or through car washes. :smileup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a bypass that is in the bottom of your air filter housing with enough gap around the filter to let water run down into the bottom. We would be screwed in the rain if it was not there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts