Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter what i do my car refuses to record the top speed. I have been wondering if it had anything to do with the fact i have the 430 and not the 430n head unit. Other than that it is a standard 2014 RT 6 speed with STP. I can get into the EVIC and see te top speed but it just wont record.

Anyone ?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,676 Posts
I had that same problem when I approached MACH 1..... Somehow the shock wave turbulence messes up the EVIC....

Sorry - no specifc answer comes to mind. Might want to check the following tips link to see if you can find it in there....

http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/dodge/Top Challenger Tips and Tricks.htm#MyGig
Always a great resource, Andres.

[FONT=&quot]Tip:25[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Speed Display on the R/T[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Depending on EVIC version note the following;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are viewing the "extended" EVIC display and you push the trip odometer stick pin button once, the EVIC will display your top speed recorded since you started the car.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also, Gaining access to stored TOP SPEED in EVIC. While in "digital speedometer" mode:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DISPLAY TOP SPEED[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Press/Hold function select button ">" to toggle between current speed and top speed achieved.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RESET TOP SPEED[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Quickly press and release the function select button when Top Speed is displayed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note, the top speed will not change unless you have it displayed (Speedometer Mode).[/FONT]

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Thanks John - I didnt have them time to dig through as I was heading off to a meeting. Thanks for helping BigRed out!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I had already gone there though and still no luck. I can get to the screen. It just refuses to update. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts