Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been reading about removing the fuse #2 and it will reset the adaptives without damaging anything. I already have the tune installed will it reset the tune. or do i have to restore factory settings then remove fuse 2 for 15 seconds

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
It will not affect the existing tune.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So pull fuse 30 seconds put it back shut the hood and bam it will be different okay will do in the morning and as long as it dont ruin predator 91 cai tune

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Also note...if you are a "spirited" driver most of the time, you may not notice a difference after pulling the fuse. Slower drivers will get the best result by pulling the fuse cause their drivers adaptive will get reset.

·
Challenger Old Guy...
6,527 Posts
Resetting NGC (PCM) Driver Fuel Adaptive’s

I been reading about removing the fuse #2 and it will reset the adaptives without damaging anything. I already have the tune installed will it reset the tune. or do i have to restore factory settings then remove fuse 2 for 15 seconds
To understand what pulling fuse F2 does and does not do, look at this;

Top Challenger Tips and Tricks #39 Resetting NGC (PCM) Driver Fuel Adaptive’s

Understand as well what non-volatile (Flash) ram and volatile data ram (fuel tables) do as well.
Clearing volatile data ram (memory) has no effect at all with data in flash ram.

As long as you drive the vehicle, the NGC (PCM) will drive the fuel and timing tables for
"best federally mandated emissions" based on fuel grade, air temperature and engine efficiency.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Reactions: Dawn and jkelly16

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat, 6 Speed Manual
1,103 Posts
Just ordered my intune from Hemifever and 180 TS, is best to reset the adaptives prior to installing the tune and data logging for custom tune?

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
I've done it numerous times with no ill effects.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Ah, the placebo #2 fuse. Some say they feel a diff.
I can't say I've ever noticed much if any difference, however it's supposed to reset the adaptives, so if someone granny drives all the time they may notice a difference. If you put your car through it's paces on a fairly regular basis I'm not sure there will be much difference found if you pull the #2 fuse. All the same I frequently used to do it before heading to the track with my R/T as it only takes seconds to do and I figure if it provides any advantage I'll take it.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
What is granny driving????

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
I'm figuring that is Betty's humor coming out. She gives me the impression she consumes lots of fuel but the brakes last a long time, LOL!

I'm sure this is different than "Driving Miss Daisy" LOL!
Funny, my brakes do seem to be lasting very well. As for Miss Daisy, if you think of me, I am probably more like "The Little Old Lady From Pasadena"!!

Go granny, go granny go granny GO!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
Now that is one cool granny!!!!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Apparently some folks butt isnt (a$$) sensitive as others because ive done the #2 fuse often at least once a month along with the pedal trick, and even without my tuner i can feel a considerable amount of difference when doing so. Everyone is different though. Id love to do a dyno after a few months of town driving, then reset everyhting and then go at it again just to see if there is any physical evidence. The things I notice most is quicker take off, quicker throttle response and shifting is a little snappier.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Apparently some folks butt isnt (a$$) sensitive as others because ive done the #2 fuse often at least once a month along with the pedal trick, and even without my tuner i can feel a considerable amount of difference when doing so. Everyone is different though. Id love to do a dyno after a few months of town driving, then reset everyhting and then go at it again just to see if there is any physical evidence. The things I notice most is quicker take off, quicker throttle response and shifting is a little snappier.
I doubt you'd see any difference in top end performance (HP) other than the expected margin of variance for the dyno. Pulling the fuse won't increase or decrease the HP of the motor, the only thing affected is adaptives - most notably for me - throttle response and transmission shifting (auto trans) when not in autostick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I commute in my challenger all week, I can tell a huge difference in performance when I pull fuse #2 on Saturday morning before "Spirited" driving... ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts