Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pretty wife of 25 years was diagnosed with lung cancer. She's never smoked or drank a day in her life, very sad. She was in a really bad car accident last February, tractor trailer side swiped her and totaled her car. She's been dealing with after effects that included nerve surgery in her neck and head at John Hopkins. It's been rough the nerve issue caused so many problems that I couldn't even as much give her a hug due to the pain. Some of that seems to be correcting itself but the headaches are still there. She had some MRi's done because she was having pain in her back, turns out it was cancer. Very unhappy with the neurologist that kept telling her for nearly a year "don't worry about your back until we deal with the issues in your neck and head."

We'd put celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary off till she was better but now this. So, I'm not putting that off and plan to marry her again before I lose her. Meeting with Hopkins oncologist soon just trying to get her pain management in check. I have a 20 year old daughter in college but we have a 11 year old boy that could possibly grow up without his mother and that kills me inside, She's only 49, so young. Some people can be married as long or longer and just "have" a marriage but we we're still on our honeymoon.

Still have to wait a bit till she gets the pain meds in check plus determining treatment possibilities. I just hope we can get it done in about two months, I suspect. Just a little something simple at home with family and friends, mostly waiting because I can't be certain where her energy levels will be.

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,971 Posts
Chris, so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with her and your family.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with her and your family.
Thanks I remember what you went through with your brother

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We have been blessed to have my wife survive her own bout with cancer to become a cancer survivor family. It was a hellacious road so I have a pretty good sense of some of what you guys might be going through.

If you need someone to listen, to vent to, or even if all you need is a beer break (or challenger break) just PM me and I’d be happy to give you my support - just as others have done for me.

I’m in the Southern MD area if you are within surviving distance.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your family as well as prayers. Your thread brought tears to my eyes, I can tell how much you cherish your wife/family. I don't know you well enough to ask details but please keep this thread updated as I will be checking in. God's Blessings to you and yours.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,522 Posts
So very very sorry for you and your wife. Cancer does suck. Life doesn't seem fair to the best and nicest people. God's blessings to you and your wife. Will be praying for her and wishing her relief from her pain. You two have a special relationship that most could only wish for.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,346 Posts
Very sorry to read of your wife's condition. You're very lucky to have met her, married, and have a family and still feel the way you did when you first met. And she's very lucky to have you at her side during this difficult time. God bless you both, and your family. I will be sure to pray for all of you.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
We are all with you brother.

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,672 Posts
Oh my Chris, that just sucks. You work so hard in this life, do all of the right things and still get it.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Best of luck to you, hope everything works out for the best.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts