Dodge Challenger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
After two rounds of chemotherapy, there were side effects as anyone would expect with such a regiment of deadly drugs aimed at killing a deadly disease being injected into your body, she has weathered through all of this with a joyful spirit. Earlier this week as she was about to begin her third round of treatment we arrived at the hospital for a small battery of lab work and scans. Once that was concluded there was some time to wait till those results would be available and her treatment would begin. There was concern earlier in the week that her blood count would be a problem and prevent her from having that treatment. That was a big concern for us.

We eventually met with two of her physicians and they gave us much good news. Her blood count was okay and she was good to go for a third round of treatment. There was even more good news, the treatments are working so far. The lymph nodes of concern had shrunk by half their size and one of the lymph nodes had vanished all together. What a blessing and positive answer to pray, we're so grateful for her life and some of the progress so far.

She's beside me now with a roaring fire in our fireplace, sitting is a recliner resting and watching an old movie. In the past there were serious complications with nausea and dehydration but they seem to have gotten a handle on that now and it doesn't seem to be a problem thus far. I'm hoping by next month she'll be able to return to church for a visit but we're careful not to expose her to unnecessary germs, flu bug is still out there. She misses seeing her friends but is forever in touch with them through other venues.

The battle goes onward.

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,901 Posts
This is such good news, Chris! Continued prayers toward her recovery!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,490 Posts
Thank you for the update, and I am so happy for this good news. Bless her and keeping her in my prayers, love Betty.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Thank you everyone, we're enjoying the reprieve from this trial for the moment.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Prayers sent for continued success with the treatments.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
About two days ago I rushed my wife to the hospital as she was experiencing pain unlike any she'd felt before. I managed to get her to the car and make my way there, I got her into the ER and they were very quick to get to work helping her. However, due to this COVID-19 virus they forbid me to go along with her. They promised they would take the best care of her but said I needed to leave the building. I knew it was for everyone's protection so I reluctantly agreed. I told the nurse I would go back to the parking garage and her to give me an update in a few hours. She agreed and called me about three hours later. They admitted my wife for further care and she told me again I would not be allowed to see her. It was a long drive home.

Since then they confirmed our worse fears and today the physicians told me there was nothing left to do. They said we can only now measure her time in weeks. I explained that she had to be with me and they agreed that would be the best for everyone. So as I write this little message they are working to find a balance of pain medicines that will give her comfort but allow her to remain alert. So I pray she will be home with me soon and that I can enjoy every minute I can with the woman that was created just for me.

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind
2 Timothy 1:7

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,901 Posts
Chris, as I opened this, I feared for the worst. And as I read, my fears were confirmed. May you both find peace and comfort in her remaining days knowing that your Faith will pull you through this. May God Bless. My Thoughts and Prayers are with you as I'm sure your forum friends are.

121 - 140 of 160 Posts