Dodge Challenger Forum banner

141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,522 Posts
So very, very sorry Chris, my love and prayers to you and your wife. You are both very special people. I hope that she will be home with you soon.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I'm so sorry. She fought so hard through it all. Please find solace knowing that she will be with the Lord. I will pray that He gives you the strength to get through this. I hope they keep her pain free. We are here to listen and give you comfort.

·
Registered
509 Posts
lost my mom and aunts to the killer c, I am in the south florida area, if you are close, I am here to lend a shoulder if needed. she will get through this, everyday new advances arrive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Such a sad and tragic life story, cancer does suck no doubt, a very nasty taker of life. You sir are the best husband and parter in life a woman could ever dream of having, there aren’t many true loves in this world such as the one it sounds like you have shared for 26+ years. My sorrows and prayers and wishes go out for you and family. Your boy could not have a better dad, God bless you and your wife and your family, hearts as close as yours have been will never be far apart, my utmost heartfelt sorrows go out to you. A place non of us hope we are never faced with. God bless

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,348 Posts
Chris, I don't know how I missed your update from last week but when I saw it today, I was floored. It's another layer of unimaginable disbelief and sadness. I thank you for sharing your wife's fight for over a year now and I certainly have the utmost respect for her, you, and your family. To keep your faith in the face of all that has transpired for her is a testament to your conviction to God and recognizing the life He has blessed you with. I will continue to keep your lovely wife, you, and your family in prayer.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Yesterday evening around 7:30 p.m. my lovely wife slipped from this world to a mighty kingdom. I was holding her hand as she took her last few breaths, it was a very peaceful moment. Below I've included an obituary that I wrote for her as I now close this thread out. Thank you one and all for your many well wishes, prayers and encouragement. Stay safe.

My heart is heavy as I begin to write this, my dear wife Cindy has passed into the arms of her Lord and Savior after a 17-month battle with this dreaded cancer. Her tender soul left us during May 2020. She leaves behind so many that loved and cherished her sweet personality, especially her children Carissa and Jacob. Her mother and father, Doug and Carol along with her brother and his wife, David and Angela. Along with her niece and nephews, Sarah, Zachary and Ryan. Her grandmother Dorothy and her uncles Fred and Terry. Many of our friends grieve over the little light lost with her parting.

She dedicated her life first to God then to her husband and family but already there is a silence and loss blanketing those lives, an emptiness caused by her departure. The only warmth gathered from this invisible covering is that awareness upon where she now dwells. She kneels at the mighty throne of God and placed before her are the many crowns promised to believers through God’s word. The crown of life, a corruptible crown, a crown of righteousness, a crown of glory and a crown of rejoicing.

She came to know the Lord as just a small child and she would be a childlike servant to Him and others for the remainder of her given time here. She dedicated her life to being a Godly influence to so many, she taught Sunday school, led many Bible studies, she prayed without ceasing and comforted many who might have sorrow in their hearts. That physical beauty of her entire being, that glow and warmth she expound from within gave many in her presence a sense of a calm and peace. Now this calm, this peace, have returned to her, a reward for her sacrament as she dwells in a heavenly kingdom this present day. Lift up your hearts and rejoice with the Captain of the host of the Lord, the multitude of heavenly seraphs as they rejoice in blissful praise.

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy (Psalm 126:5). Tears from the many Saints flow as they rejoice and harvest joy upon her arrival in paradise and yet many tears stream along the faces of those left behind. Some of those tears may flow and cover our face as did the lifeblood which streamed from Christ at Calvary but know the anguish of our separation cannot be appeased alone. Look toward Christ and try to find solace in the image of that angelic body that now drapes its protective covering over her and with that, we now release her into eternity.

She was a perfect helpmeet, whose long life of exceptional and beautiful service more than fulfilled its wide opportunities. With peace in my heart, I return you to the arms of the one who created you for me. With love, from your husband Chris

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
So sorry about your loss. It is immeasurable. However knowing she’s in a better place, with her Lord and Savior, and no longer suffering, hopefully it is a little comforting to you. From what you said about your wife over the last year, I would imagine she’s looking down and feeling sorry for us. Prayers to you Chris.

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,972 Posts
So Sorry for your family loss, Chris. Please take comfort knowing that she is at Peace with her Lord and without worldly pain. Your obituary is so loving said. May God Bless. Dan

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
26,522 Posts
Chris, so sorry for the loss of your beautiful wife. May God comfort you and your family in your grief. Cindy was a very special person. God bless you all.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,348 Posts
Chris, you and Cindy shared a beautiful marriage and you both fulfilled your wedding vows faithfully. I'm awed by the completeness of the love you shared with Cindy, and you both are a testament to the sacrament of marriage. Not all saints are canonized. There are everyday saints who walk among us and lift us in spirit with faith-inspired love to be more than we could ever be had we never met them. It sounds like Cindy was indeed that for you and for all who knew her and loved her. Sharing her story is the most selfless act you could have made. Thank you. May God bless her eternal soul and bring peace and comfort to you and your family during this difficult time.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Deepest heartfelt sympathies to you Chris and all the people whose lives she touched. I only knew of her through this forum but I sure missed out not meeting her personally; just to know someone so genuine and strong as Cindy is a gift from God. Your parting words were beautiful and a wonderful testament to a soul we all wish we had.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts