Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger on a few goodies for my Chrysler 300 SRT.

First off I have been eyeballin some Savini Rims for about a year and decided to order them up with some Nitto 420s tires. Should be in and installed within the next 2 weeks

Then I thought to myself thats some added weight to the car and I would hate for it to slow me down so I also ordered an E-Force Blower Tuner kit

AMP will be installing new 4032 forged factory weight pistons which will handle almost more boost although I will most likely be shooting for 8Lbs. Goal is to get her around 550-575RWHP.

Car should be getting worked on within the next 3 or so weeks and will have this ready to go for the Se Shindig!

Can't wait

·
Registered
22,642 Posts
Then I thought to myself thats some added weight to the car and I would hate for it to slow me down so I also ordered an E-Force Blower Tuner kit

AMP will be installing new 4032 forged factory weight pistons which will handle almost more boost although I will most likely be shooting for 8Lbs. Goal is to get her around 550-575RWHP.

Car should be getting worked on within the next 3 or so weeks and will have this ready to go for the Se Shindig!

Can't wait
Ha, I knew you would be messing with that car eventually LOL. :smileup:

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha, I knew you would be messing with that car eventually LOL. :smileup:
LOL.... well to be honest I was waiting on the new hellcat but I have to say I was disappointed with how the mopars have been holding their values.

I paid 52,500 for my 300 and right now its giving me a trade in value of 29500 or Private party of 34000. It didnt make much sense to me in trading her in so I decided to upgrade. My car should have the same power level and I can always turn up the boost to 13-14PSI if I wanted.

At some point I also might consider upgrading to that factory hellcat 8speed. Since the 8spd is already out I have no doubt AMP could reprogram my PCM to make it work.

And to be honest, I like the look of the 300 over the Challenger

·
12,989 Posts

First off I have been eyeballin some Savini Rims for about a year and decided to order them up with some Nitto 420s tires. Should be in and installed within the next 2 weeks

Can't wait

That will make a great family car Dan!! LOL

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will make a great family car Dan!! LOL
Thats my thought exactly! LOL...

I did tell my wife the other day

"Hey hon, I decided to keep it and not trade it! But.... I am ordering some wheels and just doing a few tweaks" :smileup:

She was fine with that but not sure she understood what a "tweak" meant lol

·
12,989 Posts

Can't wait
Thats my thought exactly! LOL...

I did tell my wife the other day

"Hey hon, I decided to keep it and not trade it! But.... I am ordering some wheels and just doing a few tweaks" :smileup:

She was fine with that but not sure she understood what a "tweak" meant lol

That's great!! Its probably best that she doesn't know the specifics!! :smileup:

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What made you choose E-Force over the other options?

Well first off I dont ever plan on running high boost on this car. 550-600 and nothing more because I really dont want to have to upgrade the drivetrain.

I have always wanted a Procharger but for a race application, I have also found a Centri to make more power but a roots style is more fun on the street.

That being said I narrowed it down to the Eforce and the Magnusom. They are both essentially the same 2.3 Eaton style but the 7" runners of the Eforce were more attractive to me. It should make more TQ and also retain more TQ when not in full boost.

I also liked the fact I was able to pick up a Eforce "Tuner" kit cheaper. I need to do different injectors and damper then comes with the full kit so it made sense to jump on the tuner kit.

I also think the Eforce is the most quiet SC I have seen, would love to have a sleeper. Was even thinking of going back to stock exhaust or swapping my 2 chamber flows with 3 chamber.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,559 Posts
Good deal and have fun with it Dan! We'll know you'll be getting something new when the post comes up about installing the roll cage! LOL!

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good deal and have fun with it Dan! We'll know you'll be getting something new when the post comes up about installing the roll cage! LOL!
LOL, thats what the Charger is for :naughty:

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,945 Posts
Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to go with lighter wheels????

OK not as much fun though......

Good luck Dan!

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to go with lighter wheels????

OK not as much fun though......

Good luck Dan!
yes, lighter wheels are no fun :)

Thanks T :gy:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Congrats Dan!:smileup: I wish I could bullshit my wife by telling her I need a tweak for my car. But she knows me too well!!!:eek:ld:

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got my wheels in today, can't wait to get them mounted up. I am going to try and do it tomorrow but we'll see. Worse comes to worse they will be done before the weekend is over

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,452 Posts
Great Looking Wheels, Dan! Ought to compliment the 300 SRT well!

·
Registered
22,642 Posts

Can't wait
I take it from everything you know and from the guys at AMP you are confident that by running the forged pistons that things will be holding together. I was thinking initially that I would probably supercharge my 392 but then a bunch of people started poping pistons (at least one of which I believe had drop in forged pistons). So now I kind of find myself in a holding pattern waiting on things to sort themselves out a bit, trying to figure out the best plan for long term durability.

·
Time to Spray Pff Pff
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I take it from everything you know and from the guys at AMP you are confident that by running the forged pistons that things will be holding together. I was thinking initially that I would probably supercharge my 392 but then a bunch of people started poping pistons (at least one of which I believe had drop in forged pistons). So now I kind of find myself in a holding pattern waiting on things to sort themselves out a bit, trying to figure out the best plan for long term durability.

Well, I can tell you right now that when modding like this you can't expect everything to just be fine. Im going into the motor, swapping pistons, and running boost which is far from what Chrylser wanted or intended with the car. From that stand point I will say I can't be in total shock if something ever happened.

That being said, most of the worry about breaking pistons is in the tuning. I know there has been more difficulty when it comes to tuning a Centri style blower while maintaining the factory intake.

Im not really worried about modding any of this not to mention Modern Muscle now has those drop in pistons in stronger material then was originally used. Before it was 2610 steel and now its 4032

25 Posts
I would like to mention.

the two vehicles I know of that had issues with the forged pistons had other things involved which caused the failures. The pistons them selves were not designed to withstand what took place. Infact what took place on one vehicle almost no piston would of been able to deal with.

SO we at amp are very confident with the pistons and quality. We Would with out a doubt put our name behind them. And have pushed them to every customer running a 392 who wants to add even the slightest boost.

As some may not know those 392s have had piston failures while stock.

Dave webber who supplies us the pistons also has direct swap rods as well.
A huge savings over a FULL forged/ stroked application.

Dan I LIKE THOSE WHEELS. See ya soon...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts