Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really can't wait to see the new 2015 Challenger in person. It looks like they did an awesome job on the interior and that you can order an R/T with a shaker and a 392 for about ~40K rocks.

I traded my 2010 R/T at the end of 2013 because it felt too slow (it was dyno tuned so it ran better than stock ). But from what I read about the 2015 with Shaker, 392, and the performance pages with launch control and the ability to set shift light RPMs, man that's what I need.

Can hardly wait for the order banks to open to see options and pricing!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While that would be great at likely $65k+ it's out of my league. I was very satisfied driving the 392 SRT around VIR so a 392 in an RT would satisfy me. But if you are offering to kick in some $$ toward the cause I'd happily accept!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think I'll be getting myself a '16. I miss my '10, but I got rid of it before all the timing chain stuff really got going and I miss the car.

I'm currently driving a '13 Escape with the 2.0 turbo and it is a blast to drive, but it's just not the same. One more year and I'll have next to nothing owed on it and hopefully the kinks will be worked out of the new version of the Challenger by '16.

·
Registered
248 Posts
yea im waiting on the price tag,wife says 65k is a lot of money to spend just to let it sit under the carport and not drive it every day,lol, but my gut tells me its going above 65k and I aint paying,maybe wait for them to hit the used market,they will get there just like the zl1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Think about the 2015 Hellcat if power is your end result.
Power end result is about $15-20k more. My daughters 2012 fully optioned Challenger 392 listed for $52k. The new hellcat is going to fetch at least $65k plus. I currently own a vette and will either buy the hellcat or Z06 depending on price fully optioned. I drive my kids 392 frequently and love the power ride comfort and looks from everyone. I would think if the Z28 with only 500 hp is $72k the hellcat is going to be priced competitively. My buy date is 2016 and probably pricing will rise if the Z and hellcat sell. Can not wait to test drive both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts