Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,532 Posts
I like that hood and scoop! Would it be considered up badging to put it on my R/T?

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
I like that hood and scoop! Would it be considered up badging to put it on my R/T?
Probably. :4-dontknow: Someone needs to wear the hat to answer that one..
I definitely want that hood. Super cool... Carbon fiber anyone?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,532 Posts
I definitely want that hood. Super cool... Carbon fiber anyone?
That's what I was thinking, Christina! Follow the contours of the scoop bulge to accent it so it stands out in CF and paint the rest of the hood. That sould look great! :smileup:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Loves all the ideas - now I know who to call when it comes time to design my graphics package - Christina and Dan - be ready!!!

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
I don't think it would be up badging as many hood configurations are currently available in the after market.

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,621 Posts
I don't think it would be up badging as many hood configurations are currently available in the after market.
As I said, somebody has to wear the hat to answer the question. I'm not considering myself qualified enough...
Thank you Carnac the Magnificent. :4-wavey:

Reactions: oilslick

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
I might try to get that hood next year for my car since it some what reminds me of an AAR hood with a modern twist.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I wanna know what they are hiding under that cover where the SRT emblem is located. A cooler SRT emblem? A Hellcat emblem?! :4-dontknow:

And yea it's a pretty cool hood, I don't think it would be upbadging. Just like the thread to see who's going to get the first 2015 I wonder who will be the first to try and snag this new hood for their ride??

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I am not liking the Hellcat single scoop hood. Too much like a Mustang and Camaro. I will stick with my dual scoop hood. :)

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
If those are fog lights then we know that is not Hellcat. Could be a regular who knows what motor '15 SRT.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I'm a sucker for an AAR hood! WOW! That's nice!

·
Registered
22,665 Posts
Not in my book, it's just a hood nobody is trying to pass the car off as a Hellcat so for what it's worth my opinion is you would be good to go. :smileup:

As for the car itself, although I definitely need to see one in person before making final judgement, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I probably prefer the Shaker but I do like the AAR style to this hood.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
I am not liking the Hellcat single scoop hood. Too much like a Mustang and Camaro. I will stick with my dual scoop hood. :)
That's what I was thinking. Especially on a lot of pre-2005 Mustangs. But then again, who's to say that Ford didn't copy the design from the AAR Cuda? Depending on the engine and where the air gets dumped, the center duct scoop may not offer much more venting or cooling on standard Hemi engines than the side vents offer now. I like the symmetrical side vents, so I'll stand pat. But the center duct scoop is definitely nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hoods aren't considered upbadging it's only if you're trying to pass your car off as a model it's not.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
I like the AAR style hood. Of course, the T/A hood would also work well.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, the scoop looks a little camaro, a little mustang but to be honest... What makes me the most excited about how much power this thing is going to have is how much the hood scoop looks like the Vipers. And who can deny the king?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts