Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for someone with experience with a Challenger specific car cover. Last season I tried a rather generic (although not cheap) one. It didn't stand up to wind very well at all... and was far from simple and quick to secure. Is there good/easy one, or are they all a pain?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I have had a Coverking Coverbond 4 custom car cover for over an month and it has been easy to install and remove and it has been very secure in moderate winds. The book says to remove if winds are expected to exceed 30 mph...I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read a review...do you use yours daily... Or just long term storage? I park mine outside, and being in an area with Live Oak trees I am looking for something to prevent a green powdercoated car each day (during March)

"Due to bulk and weight, recommended for long term use rather than for daily drivers"

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I park mine outside and use it as needed depending on weather and temperature. If we get some nasty weather I will leave it on for days at at time. Fits like a glove w/ good elastic and it completely covers the bumpers and comes within a few inches of the ground. Takes 2-3 minutes tops to put on or take off.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I also have Covercraft outdoor cover designed for the Challenger. It fits well but can come off in very high winds. I bought Gust Guards which are two pieces of rope with adjustable clamps on the ends which are attached to the cover near the wheels wells.They work well in moderate winds but the clamps have come undone in very high winds in excess of 30 mph. The cover has two pre-cut loop holes in the center on either side and I use two bungi cords to secure the cover at the middle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.