Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I have a 2014 Challenger SXT plus 100th Anniversary edition and on Thursday night the Vehicle security alarm went off when I tried to open the door (keyless entry did not work so had to open the door using key) and to stop it I inserted the keyfob (push start did not work) to start the engine and now the keyfob is stuck and none of the buttons inside the car work. The only good keyfob is stuck in Ignition as the other is water is water damaged. I have to disconnect the battery to stop the alarm. BTW my car is 6yr and 2 months old with 110,000mi on it and the car battery has never been replaced. When I read online it says the batteries usually last upto 5yrs but NAPA said the battery is in good health when I took it to them but it needed some charging and they had it charged for 3hrs and said it is completely fine but when I reconnected it is still the same.
Anybody else ran into such issue ? Any recommendations on how to get the keyfob out and stop the alarm ?
Appreciate your help. Regards

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,525 Posts
Welcome from AZ, as far as the key fob stuck you may need to wiggle it gently while pulling it out make sure it is in the off position. You have a battery that needs to be replaced despite what NAPA said. You might also have your alternator checked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just replaced the battery with a new one and still the same. Still the Alarm wont go off and the Keyfob doesn’t come out. I see a red dot flashing on the dashboard as well.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,525 Posts
The red dot is the alarm on. Try opening the the driver door and lock it with the door open then unlock it using the button on the door.

·
Registered
2018 F8 R/T Challenger
1,358 Posts
It's in the shifter, it's not sensing the car is in park. Pull the cover off and find out the configuration for park. Probably a bent tab or something sticky in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts