Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, that's right... and its not a little scratch!:mad: I was doing some shopping yesterday afternoon in Fleming Island, Florida. It's just south of Jacksonville when some Mother F-er keyed the entire passenger side of my car from front bumper to the rear bumper. I was so pissed off and angry I would have killed the person with my bare hands if I actually saw them do it.:4-flames: I believe it happened at a Kohls. It has surveillance and I'm waiting to here back from the security person that reviews the video. I'm going to fry this persons butt if we can identify them. I filed a police report and had gotten an estimate. $1050!!! The whole side has to be painted. :shakehead:
Like most people here, I baby my car. Its never dirty and all my friends know how passionate I am about taking care of it. The worst thing is I parked it away from everyone to prevent door dings and damage from carts and some douche bag goes out of their way to do this. People can't have nice things anymore cus some a-hole is jealous and has to go ruin it for someone else. I wouldn't be so pissed if it was damage from an accident. This was malicious intent. Hope nobody else has to ever go thru this. It sucks financially cus I had other plans for the $500 I will now have to spend on my deductible. And its going to be a huge inconvenience not having my car for a week. :smiledown: Anyway... i'm done venting

Reactions: fred613

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Man, I am so sorry to hear this, I HATE weaselly little POS oxygen wasters who would damage someone else's car just cause they are jealous. I hope the video gives the police something to work with and this POS is caught and charged. Best of luck and sorry it had to happen!

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Don't blame you at all for the Vent! I'm sorry this happened to your Challenger!

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
so sorry man, I hope you catch this sorry piece of crap and after court give him the biggest a&& wiping he has ever had. that pisses me off. hang in there man its going to work out.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Dude, I feel horribly for you. A door ding is incidental, a keyed scratch is intentional. Anyone who would do this to someone else's property is and always will be a little b*tch. The downside of parking your car away from potential damage is that the isolation provides cover for vandals, weasels, and other vermin to do their cowardly acts. Hope you catch him or her, and I hope you can get more than just repair damages from the little puke.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
58,945 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you find out who did this and they get punished. I can't blame you for the vent, I would be doing the same thing.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I can't blame you for wanting to choke whoever did it to death. It makes me mad just thinking about it. Unfortunately, some of these jerks see that you take great pains to park away from the crowd and therefore you must really care about the car so they take pleasure in the extra hurt they can inflict.

It sucks that we park far away to avoid damage caused by carelessness only to become more susceptible to intentional damage.

·
Premium Member
9,142 Posts
I can't blame you for wanting to choke whoever did it to death. It makes me mad just thinking about it. Unfortunately, some of these jerks see that you take great pains to park away from the crowd and therefore you must really care about the car so they take pleasure in the extra hurt they can inflict.

It sucks that we park far away to avoid damage caused by carelessness only to become more susceptible to intentional damage.
Exactly my thoughts with a little of TrudyC's (Ron's) mixed in for good meausure!!!:shakehead:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would loose my freakin' mind if that happened to me!!! I just got done dealing with body shops and insurance companies. I'd rather hand feed alligators then go through that again.

I hope you find out who did it and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

Then kick their A$$.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Geez, I don't blame you one bit, You take a chance anytime you take it out in public, I for one will not use my Challenger for errands. I use my pick-up for those situations. I know some don't have the luxury of a another DD, Otherwise when I take the Chally out , it never gets out of eye shot.... It is sad that we live in a time where we have to worry about something like this.... If I caught the guy, the body shop would have a few dents on the front of the car to repair as well.... where I ran him over!!! JK.

·
13,007 Posts
Thats really a beat scene, sorry to hear that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.