Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed price drops in their area? They had a 2015 challenger srt 392 with 35k miles that was listed for 39k two months ago now it’s at 32k

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,774 Posts
While prices for some things have dropped lately, (houses, gas etc), haven't seen it on cars in my area yet.

Reactions: shooterjgs

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I haven't noticed it as I'm looking for a winter truck and its almost impossible to find a halfway decent one for under 2k at a dealership. There are a few from private sellers, but I hate to spend most of my savings on one all at once. I can probably get through another winter in the Scat, but would really don't want to as I know it speeds up the start of rusting.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes I'm seeing them Drop also. I hunt used HellCat's often as well as RestoMod Classic Muscle Cars and I'm FINALLY starting to see the prices drop. As Jimmy just said how can the used Challengers be more than new in many cases, the used prices the last half a year or so have been INSANE

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
it has to depend on where you live, like was posted above. here in south florida, most dealerships have 1 or 2 of a set model on their lots. maybe. used car lots, the ones with lots of cars, those are super high mileage one. even places like h greg or offlease, which usually have lots of cars, are getting cars from out of state and will tell you that they have high mileage or that they have been hit and repaired. several body shops down here are selling cars that they are buying from insurance auctions. so, i haven't seen the prices drop yet.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,846 Posts
I haven't noticed it as I'm looking for a winter truck and its almost impossible to find a halfway decent one for under 2k at a dealership. There are a few from private sellers, but I hate to spend most of my savings on one all at once. I can probably get through another winter in the Scat, but would really don't want to as I know it speeds up the start of rusting.
I would think it would be easier to find a unicorn than a halfway decent truck for under $2K anywhere. At $2K retail there can't be any real mark up for the dealer. Well, at a new car dealer. Some used car dealer that sells vehicles out behind the bait shop tanks might have one in stock...

A truly halfway decent truck at $2K would last about as long as a snow cone in Hell.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I would think it would be easier to find a unicorn than a halfway decent truck for under $2K anywhere. At $2K retail there can't be any real mark up for the dealer. Well, at a new car dealer. Some used car dealer that sells vehicles out behind the bait shop tanks might have one in stock...

A truly halfway decent truck at $2K would last about as long as a snow cone in Hell.
Yeah, I may have to go up in price a bit if I go through a dealer. I suppose I could go around the 5-6k price if I had to and take out a 2 or 3 year loan. Oh and it doesn't have to be a truck. Even some Subaru, station wagon or jeep would work. All I've ever had are cars and the more I think about it something capable of off road would be fun like a jeep, but I know a decent one of those will most likely be more than a 4x4 truck.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,846 Posts
Yeah, I may have to go up in price a bit if I go through a dealer. I suppose I could go around the 5-6k price if I had to and take out a 2 or 3 year loan. Oh and it doesn't have to be a truck. Even some Subaru, station wagon or jeep would work. All I've ever had are cars and the more I think about it something capable of off road would be fun like a jeep, but I know a decent one of those will most likely be more than a 4x4 truck.
Up your price quite a bit I would think at least looking at used vehicles from a new car dealer's used car lot.

I searched the used vehicle inventory of a Dodge dealer in Joplin MO. A "typical" small town I believe. And located in a fairly low cost of living state and in a low cost of living area of the state.

The dealer web site shows 85 used vehicles on its lot. Sorted by price lowest to highest the least expensive used vehicle is Kai Forte LX at $13,975.

The least expensive used vehicle is a SUV is a Journey SE at $16,799.

There is Renegrade Trailhawk 4x4 SUV listed for $21,997.

The least expensive pickup truck is a Tradesman Crew Cab listed at $32,775.

For lower priced vehicles then you would probably end up at a car dealer that deals strictly with used vehicles.

I see all kinds of vehicles on the ones I drive by. A relatively new Porsche Boxster caught my eye with a "sticker" of $13,999 on the windshield. But even though it was in Lapis Blue -- same color as my 2002 Boxster -- I didn't even bother to look at the car.

Might mention I'm noticing the used car lots starting to fill up with vehicles. For a while the used car lots (and dealer new car and used car lots) were very sparsely populated with vehicles. But now while not pre-COVID crowded they are as full of vehicles as I can recall seeing the last year or so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not dropping around here. Found this on the lot the other day driving by. It has a couple less options than ours, but is a widebody. Same model year and only 1000 miles less than ours had when we bought it, and they're asking about 10% more than what they wanted for ours a few months ago.

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

·
Premium Member
2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker Widebody
3,774 Posts
Not dropping around here. Found this on the lot the other day driving by. It has a couple less options than ours, but is a widebody. Same model year and only 1000 miles less than ours had when we bought it, and they're asking about 10% more than what they wanted for ours a few months ago.

View attachment 307114
PCP adds 10%! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts