Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well today i entered my first judged car show. car was clean , everything was nice until the judge asked me to pop my trunk, apparently i was supposed to have a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit :SHOCKED:. i told the guy i had no idea so he says im sorry but i need to remove points for those 2 items!:shakehead: so at the end i placed [email protected] tied with an immaculate furious fusia SRT. A 2013 blacktop edition got the first place trophy! the second slap in the face? they ran out of trophies so they are gonna mail it to my house :4-dontknow:

p,s. judge told me other than you missing the 2 items your car scored perfect!:i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Well that sucks! I guess it makes sense though, having safety items in your car at all times for daily use in case of emergencies... but at a car show being judged :4-dontknow: At least you know for next time!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
well today i entered my first judged car show. car was clean , everything was nice until the judge asked me to pop my trunk, apparently i was supposed to have a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit :SHOCKED:. i told the guy i had no idea so he says im sorry but i need to remove points for those 2 items!:shakehead: so at the end i placed [email protected] tied with an immaculate furious fusia SRT. A 2013 blacktop edition got the first place trophy! the second slap in the face? threy ran out of trphies so they are gonna mail it to my house :4-dontknow:

p,s. judge told me other than you missing the 2 items your car scored perfect!:i_rolleyes:
oh so close! i would have never thought to have those two items in the trunk either! did you end up getting a copy of the rules and regs? but i guess hind sight says it would be nice to have those two items for the "just incase". 2nd place will still look good on the mantle! if they didn't have enough trophies i wonder why they would make ties in the first place...

i think just having a fire extinguisher around any where is a good idea... garage, kitchen, basement work shop... it was only a few years ago that i finally broke down and bought a couple for the house... (my cheap ass never wanted to spend the extra money) but i'm glad i have them around now... if you have a wife and kids in the house i would even go so far as to buy an extra one and have a practice test fire, or i should probably say "test run" just so everyone in the house knows how to work it if there ever were a fire...

but once again, congrats on the trophy and you'll probably bring home just a little bit bigger one next time...

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that sucks! I guess it makes sense though, having safety items in your car at all times for daily use in case of emergencies... but at a car show being judged :4-dontknow: At least you know for next time!
thats what i didn't get, im being judged in the modified class, why do you care about those 2 items? its ok 2nd place wasn't bad! but im still pissed :gy:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh so close! i would have never thought to have those two items in the trunk either! did you end up getting a copy of the rules and regs? but i guess hind sight says it would be nice to have those two items for the "just incase". 2nd place will still look good on the mantle! if they didn't have enough trophies i wonder why they would make ties in the first place...

i think just having a fire extinguisher around any where is a good idea... garage, kitchen, basement work shop... it was only a few years ago that i finally broke down and bought a couple for the house... (my cheap ass never wanted to spend the extra money) but i'm glad i have them around now... if you have a wife and kids in the house i would even go so far as to buy an extra one and have a practice test fire, or i should probably say "test run" just so everyone in the house knows how to work it if there ever were a fire...

but once again, congrats on the trophy and you'll probably bring home just a little bit bigger one next time...
Here is the real killer, i had called to see what i need or have to do for the show. All i was told was make sure the car is clean! i know better now

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Here is the real killer, i had called to see what i need or have to do for the show. All i was told was make sure the car is clean! i know better now
geez... good advice guys... :4-looney: yep, next time! :smileup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Went to a car show back in the eighties, we took my friends moms nova, basically stock small block all dressed up nice, car had ZZ top stripes down side and over trunk, they put us in highly modified class because of the stripes they said, we looked like idiots next to blowers and dual fours???

Reactions: Scat Pack

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
37,918 Posts
Never heard of that being a requirement at a judged show or any other.
Me either but I was told by a guy that judges a couple of years ago that if they can see the weights on your wheels (either not painted to match or removed), that is counts against you also.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me either but I was told by a guy that judges a couple of years ago that if they can see the weights on your wheels (either not painted to match or removed), that is counts against you also.
My weights are behind the spokes of the rims so you need to look for them too see them. But i did have a good day there.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
29,026 Posts
Shows judge differently. Some shows judge based on cleanliness alone. Others based on how many mods and what type. There's an annual Mopar show down here where you get 1 point for an extinguisher, 0 points without. All judging is performed with room to spare (5s, 6s and 7s out of 10) leaving room to re-evaluate in case of a tie. I've also seen cars roll off the showroom floor and take second place....

A few years back we had a show here sponsored by the AACA and were told that a fire extinguisher was mandatory. Been carrying one ever since...Although not a bad idea to have one, never heard anyone ask for a first aid kit...

I got to a show a few weeks ago and the show instructions on the back of the dash card said "No displays"....um, OK, what would you like me to do with the trunk full of awards that I usually "display" when I show my car? I'm only 170 miles from home -I'll be right back.....

You clearly have a point on being PO'd about the misinformation, unfortunately, it's darn near impossible to determine the extent of the knowledge of the person on the other end of the phone in a situation like this. Chalk it up to experience and learn from it.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shows judge differently. Some shows judge based on cleanliness alone. Others based on how many mods and what type. There's an annual Mopar show down here where you get 1 point for an extinguisher, 0 points without. All judging is performed with room to spare (5s, 6s and 7s out of 10) leaving room to re-evaluate in case of a tie. I've also seen cars roll off the showroom floor and take second place....

A few years back we had a show here sponsored by the ACAA and were told that a fire extinguisher was mandatory. Been carrying one ever since...Although not a bad idea to have one, never heard anyone ask for a first aid kit...

I got to a show a few weeks ago and the show instructions on the back of the dash card said "No displays"....um, OK, what would you like me to do with the trunk full of awards that I usually "display" when I show my car? I'm only 170 miles from home -I'll be right back.....

You clearly have a point on being PO'd about the misinformation, unfortunately, it's darn near impossible to determine the extent of the knowledge of the person on the other end of the phone in a situation like this. Chalk it up to experience and learn from it.
thats how im looking at it, learn from my mistakes. its just i wanted to win 1st place in my first one ! oh well, hopefully ill pop my cherry soon :gy:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Considering where you live, I would imagine that there is some pretty stiff competition, so congrats on 2nd place. Nothing to hang your head about!!! I am pretty sure out here, you would blow out all the competition. We have no rules out west about fire extinguishers/first aid kits. I don't think the trunk is even required to be opened!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Considering where you live, I would imagine that there is some pretty stiff competition, so congrats on 2nd place. Nothing to hang your head about!!! I am pretty sure out here, you would blow out all the competition. We have no rules out west about fire extinguishers/first aid kits. I don't think the trunk is even required to be opened!
ty betty! yeah ther were over 2000 cars there. great cars too!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Went to a car show back in the eighties, we took my friends moms nova, basically stock small block all dressed up nice, car had ZZ top stripes down side and over trunk, they put us in highly modified class because of the stripes they said, we looked like idiots next to blowers and dual fours???
Man, that really must have sucked!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Some shows require a tool box with basic tools inside, I just tell the judge that if I need any tools I look for a guy with a Ford. They have to carry them.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
2nd Place is pretty cool for your first time out.....I've been to hundreds of car shows and I have NEVER heard of those 2 requirements. Our 'Cuda has won so many Mopar classes, and never have we been required to carry either a first aid kit nor a fire extinguisher.:4-dontknow:

Glad you had a good day!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.