Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

does anyone know a good place to find out when and where car chows/ meets are. I am new to the american car scene and although I wanted to go to many shows last year, I only seemed to find out about them after the show.

Is there a good website or group to join to find a calender for car shows, classic car shows, muscle car shows anything really, as long as it in or around the Philly area.

thanks
jp

·
Dash Cam Guy
2,277 Posts
The big four around here are Gettysburg (April), Moparpalooza(May), Carlisle(July?), and Skyline Drive(September). Lots of smaller local ones but those four draw crowds from several states.

Since you are in Philly area Gettysburg and Carlisle should work for you.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheese, there are probably a bunch of sights but the one I use the most is this one. You can use the pull down menus to isolate the state and month of the cruises. I hope this helps.

http://www.carcruises.com/select_cruise.asp
thanks I will check out the website

The big four around here are Gettysburg (April), Moparpalooza(May), Carlisle(July?), and Skyline Drive(September). Lots of smaller local ones but those four draw crowds from several states.

Gettysburg is nice I like it there and so those my wife, so that one will most probably be on the books. Where will I be able to find out more info on that, I would like to make a weekend of it.

And Moparpalooza also looks like a good event trying to convince the wife we need to go to that.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Cheese, I'm sending you a PM with links to a couple of nice websites that listed many many of the car cruises and shows in the Maryland and surrounding areas.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheese, I'm sending you a PM with links to a couple of nice websites that listed many many of the car cruises and shows in the Maryland and surrounding areas.
thank you, will look through the web pages when I go to bed, got some fun bedtime reading and trip planning :smileup:

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Former Del Co resident myself

Hey Cheese, I lived in Del Co for thirty years and am in Dover,Delaware
We are havng a major Mid Atlantic Modern Mopar show May 3 in Dover.
If you'd like details, go to mammagainstms.org or you can email me at [email protected].
You can get to the show site from there in about 1.5 hours or less.
I hope you can make it.
I can also steer you toward some cruise in and other shows in 2014.
Keep on CHALLENGING!:smileup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Cheese, I lived in Del Co for thirty years and am in Dover,Delaware
We are havng a major Mid Atlantic Modern Mopar show May 3 in Dover.
If you'd like details, go to mammagainstms.org or you can email me at [email protected].
You can get to the show site from there in about 1.5 hours or less.
I hope you can make it.
I can also steer you toward some cruise in and other shows in 2014.
Keep on CHALLENGING!:smileup:
thanks crimebust, that looks like a cool show too. So many shows to plan, what a great summer were going to have :)

Definitely interested in hearing about more :smileup:

·
Banned
149 Posts

Just from attending one or more of the above listed events should get you started with those who are more local to you. Take your time to get acquainted with some people at the Moparpalooza show (if you can make it)since there is a huge turn out at it from multiple states and multiple car clubs. I cannot speak for Gettysburg as I have not attended this one, yet.... going to try to make this one myself. Carlisle is a spectacular event although it has to be in the hottest week of the year it seems.

People are all to ready to get another active happy member to talk to and share in adventures on a weekly monthly or whenever free.

I have heard of a couple groups in Philly area, but the names of the clubs escape me at the moment, I remember they all had pretty nice rides and all had vests with the club logo.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,735 Posts
Moparpalooza should be especially interesting this year with the move to the Maryland Blue Crabs stadium parking lot...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.