Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 SRT wanders back and forth at speeds over 65 - 70 MPH. I am constantly feeling the car sway back and forth slightly when on a straight highway with no movement on the steering wheel. I stopped at the Dealer today and the Tech. there said we don't ever see problems like that here. I lost confidence in them at that point. I did ask if it could be tire pressure, caster, camber, or tire pressure and they didn't respond. I politely said thanks and left. Again I have to be going 70 or above. My guess would be the toe adjustment.

Thanks
Burly

:4-dontknow:

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
You probably do have an alignment issue. I would find a good independent Alignment Shop in your area.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,587 Posts
Mine did that when it was new. I had them check the alignment, they said it was in spec but they did an adjustment (I think they adjusted the toe out) and I no longer had the issue.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,698 Posts
I had a bad tire cause that once, if I remember it was diagnosed as a steel belt issue.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The issue is FIXED! I took it on a road trip to Buffalo today and no more wandering. The last trip down Rt.81 the tire pressure was on the low side (28 lbs. I think) and it was windy out. Also the highway was not in the best condition. I think with 34 lbs. in all 4 tires and with calm conditions outside these were the only changes from my last trip. Anyway, at 70-75 miles per hour for a couple hundred miles, no more wandering or hunting of the front end. I could use some help filling the tank though. Any volunteers?

Thanks for the posts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts