Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since my anti theft light came on car won’t start. Everything comes on but car won’t start. Bought new battery for key still nothing even had locksmith come out for new key and didn’t work. Car is now at shop been there for 4 days with no answers just diagnostic test for electrical problems. Anyone ever had this problem?

·
Premium Member
3,610 Posts
Yes. On my cousins 2013 Challenger. The entire wiring harness under the dashboard had to be replaced. He was lucky he was still under warranty. It took a day and a half to remove and replace. Somewhere in that harness, there were 2 open wires that failed under test. He tried to get the old harness but, they would not let him have it. When a problem (the issue with his car) gets too deep to chase down an individual wire, it makes no sense to cut into the harness to find the fault. So the entire harness was replaced. Problem solved. This in no way implies that is wrong with your car but, the symptom was exactly the same. All indicators come on, but pushing the start button does nothing.
-John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. On my cousins 2013 Challenger. The entire wiring harness under the dashboard had to be replaced. He was lucky he was still under warranty. It took a day and a half to remove and replace. Somewhere in that harness, there were 2 open wires that failed under test. He tried to get the old harness but, they would not let him have it. When a problem (the issue with his car) gets too deep to chase down an individual wire, it makes no sense to cut into the harness to find the fault. So the entire harness was replaced. Problem solved. This in no way implies that is wrong with your car but, the symptom was exactly the same. All indicators come on, but pushing the start button does nothing.
-John
Thank you. That’s more than what the dealer telling me. They just saying wiring did a 3 hour diagnostic yesterday but still no answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts