Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just putzing around on PC and remembered I have CARFAX. So I go to Carfax and enter my VIN. Think carfax needs some work here. Here is exactly what carfax came up with according to my 12 SRT.

Vehicle Information
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT-8
Vin: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
COUPE
6.4L V8 SFI OHV 32V
Rear wheel drive

Ermmmm.........notice anything wrong here? :wow:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
your car is even more rare than you thought! you've got a couple extra valves that you didn't know about...

that is interesting though... nice catch!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
So who did the extra valvework? I dont seem to recall Arrington or HHP offerring such a package :)

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
CarFax lists all their SRT's like that. I remember when I was looking at used SRT's and checked out the CarFax's....I thought....wow, 32 Valves!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,461 Posts
It gave us extra valves? Can I have an extra cam too?

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
CARFAX......just the "facts". LOL!

·
Registered
924 Posts
My son (who owned a 2009 Charger) went to turn right on a green light and a drunk guy on a bike on the sidewalk decided to go through the light into the crosswalk and ran into his bumper. The man wasn't hurt and my son's car got some long scratches but no dents since he had just barely started to move and then slammed on the brakes.

He pulled into a carwash on the corner and called the police who showed up just to berate him and tell him that he "can't go around running into people on bicycles". After witnesses straightened out the police officers on scene, they let him go with a "warning" and the drunk guy was repeatedly offered an ambulance. :Wow1: :wow:

A year and a half later, he was trying to trade in his Charger and every dealership wanted to know why he was lying when he said that he'd never been in an accident and Carfax said he was! It turns out that the officer did a report and listed it as an accident. He had to get the police report and show it to the dealership that eventually would listen to his side of the story. He also said that the report showed another entry that highway patrol listed his car as having hit an animal in the roadway and it was actually just a traffic stop and he was issued a speeding citation a year prior to the bicycle incident.

I don't trust any of those websites at all! :smiledown:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Have you ever attempted to correct a CarFax error? If its public record it won't happen and if you prove the record is incorrect it may happen, but not without extreme effort on your part.

Moved from MD to VA and in the process of registering a dyslexic DMV employee added an extra digit to the title odometer reading, the inspection station entered the correct mileage into the DMV data base.

When I tried selling the car the CF report listed a mileage discrepancy with a odometer tampering alert. When I bought this to the attention of the DMV it was fixed, but CarFax would not make the correction without a notarized letter with explanation, from the DMV. They would not accept a corrected copy of the title as proof and since CF receives downloads from the DMV every 6 months the correction would not show up for months.

It took weeks and many hours to resolve this.

Who can you blame, mistakes will happen, but it should not take an act of congress to fix them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts