CARLISLE 2017 OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by MOPARMOM, Feb 11, 2017.

1. MOPARMOM

MOPARMOM Senior Member Site Supporter Level 1 Member Relations MOTY Winner! Photo Winner! MOTM Winner! Heelz and Wheelz

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    1974 'CUDA
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    It's a killer 'Cuda for sure Grant. Dan just took off the Hemi Billboard off the rear quarters.....he's adding another graphic this summer. Carlisle is always an amazing event......I went through withdrawals riding down to FL this past Friday LOL.

dcde201057 and MommaBetty like this.
  2. PaVaSteeler

PaVaSteeler Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Chill out roadrunnerh...Grant was like a hummingbird on steroids, flitting from one colorful object to another over an 82 acre field full of colorful objects. I ran into him a couple of times, and saw him and his clan numerous others.

I saw that beauty! An acquaintance of mine, the owner of OC Performance, and I walked past it while talking and....whelp the conversation stopped right there! He apparently knows Dan too. Love that car!

3. MommaBetty

MommaBetty The dragstrip is open! Site Supporter Level 5 Member Relations Photo Winner! MOTM Winner! Heelz and Wheelz

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Scat Pack
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I have a question about that Demon. It was B5 blue. Isn't that a discontinued color? If you wanted one, could you order it in that color???

nunya and RunningWithBeers like this.
  4. RunningWithBeers

RunningWithBeers Up with the sun Gone with the wind... Site Supporter Level 1 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Had to go to another source for this....
    "2018 Challenger initial exterior Colors:

B5 BLUE (Demon, Late Availability
    BILLET METALLIC
    BRIGHT WHITE
    DESTROYER GREY
    F8 GREEN (Late Availability)
    GO MANGO
    GRANITE CRYSTAL METALLIC
    INDIGO BLUE (Late Availability)
    MAXIMUM STEEL METALLIC
    OCTANE RED
    PITCH BLACK
    PLUM CRAZY (Demon)
    REDLINE TRI-COAT PEARL
    TORRED
    YELLOW JACKET"

dcde201057 and nunya like this.
  5. PaVaSteeler

PaVaSteeler Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    My apologies to all ForumZ members who attended that I didn't get to meet or talk with. I wasn't being intentionally distant. I couldn't muster the energy to drive over to your hotel at night; I'll rectify that next year by booking the same hotel yinz are in.

I couldn't sit still on Thursday to spend time hanging in our tent; too many people to find and catch up with...

...I couldn't sit still on Friday to spend time hanging in our tent; too damn hot & humid and I had to dodge (pun intended) rain squalls to get over to the old skool section to try and track down some friends and a potential sponsor or two...

...I couldn't sit still on Saturday to spend time hanging in our tent; in the AM had to squeegee Renny down and get her looking nice (Kevin; do you like yours?), then had to walk the show field with my ballot and give an honest assessment of each class we were allowed to vote on. That, and I like spending some time at my own little tent and talk to folks who stop to look at Renny.

My apologies in particular to Bruce and Jason (a/k/a WVHemi & Running With Beers); I really wanted to hang with you, but wasn't going to walk that damn hill they had you on any more than I had to to judge the cars stuck on there. I take judging seriously, and give every car in every class I can vote on a legitimate look-over. The "Golden Rule" method of participating in such a show, if you will.

FYI - as some of you may have learned about me, when I have a gripe I'm not shy about dealing with it. I have addressed the "block vote" issue one club was rigging with the Carlisle Events folks, and have encouraged others to publicly do the same. Can't say what Events will do, if they can do anything, but I planted the seeds of resistance with many other groups, including the one I was formally associated with.

While one can never fully stop collusion between handfuls of individuals, the offending club in this instance took things to a whole new despicable level, and I'm doing my small part in calling them out on it.

The Carlisle Chrysler Nationals is too prestigious of a national show to allow one club founder and his minions to ruin for their own personal gain.

###​

6. nunya

nunya Jeff MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Plus
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    And still No Sublime...........Yes!

7. RunningWithBeers

RunningWithBeers Up with the sun Gone with the wind... Site Supporter Level 1 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
  8. RunningWithBeers

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Clark really there's no need to apologize I normally like to sit with my car and chat with folks on Sat but since it had rained on Friday and I was enjoying walking around with Bruce, Shane, and Brent getting a look at all the car that came in since the weather was nicer. Also I knew being parked/placed up high on the hill if you weren't fighting for the lowest available spot you were'nt going to get much in the way of foot traffic and figured I'd give that spot up to park up by Bruce since I figured that'd be more fun anyways.

dcde201057 likes this.
  9. NEPA SCAT

NEPA SCAT Active Member Site Supporter Level 4 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    The squeegee works great Clark. Thanks again for your generousity. I was hoping to catch you on saturday to buy lunch to return the favor but like you I was runnning around all day taking it all in and didn't get to meet up at lunch time. Since my son was a trooper getting out of bed at 5:30am so we could leave the hotel at 6, I owed him the day to set our schedule and itinerary. It was a busy day! We didn't spend much time near my car either on Saturday. Also didn't get to spend much time camped in the club tent Saturday either which unfortunately I missed an opportunity to meet some other members. Luckily got to speak with Coolbreeze and his wife for a short time though.

In regards to the club voting thing... as I mentioned in a prior post, even though we only had a handful of cars and voting members at the show, our little club ended up with 2 first place awards and a celebrity judge award. Pretty impressive given the situations.

Overall it was a good weekend, good weather especially Saturday (maybe not so much Friday morning), logged several miles of walking and looking forward to it again next year.

RunningWithBeers and dcde201057 like this.
  10. Shanes13

Shanes13 Slower Traffic Keep Right Site Supporter Level 3 Photo Winner! MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I can only hope the Carlisle staff tweaks the layout next year... RunningwithBeers and wvhemis both could have gotten a "long distance award" just from where they parked...

11. Hammer Down

Hammer Down 801 RWHP Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    SRT Hellcat
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

MommaBetty and dcde201057 like this.
  12. dcde201057

dcde201057 Active Member Site Supporter Level 2 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Inferno Red
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I could only find 1 member on Saturday, that was MarcPhrey-Marcus. Enjoyed taking with him...good guy.I was in and out of our tent at least 8 times during the time I was there--7:30-2:00. There was only squatters in our tent. I considered collecting a fee, or getting a commitment for them to join the Forum. Found Grants car, really impressive, I can understand why he couldn't part with it. I hope next year to see some of you.

13. nunya

nunya Jeff MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Plus
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I'll be there next year for sure. Just couldn't physically do it this time out!

14. Bee Keeper 16

Bee Keeper 16 Aspire to inspire before we expire. Site Supporter Level 2 Site Supporter Level 1 Member Relations MOTM Winner! Public Safety

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack Shaker
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    If thing work out I could be there next year. Without my car. Maybe see you in gatty

245pacer and nunya like this.
  15. butters16

butters16 New Member

Vehicle?:
    Scat Pack
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Had a great time at the show , besides the tow truck on Thursday night. Hope to make the ride down again :)

16. 245pacer

245pacer Active Member Site Supporter Level 3 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    SRT
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Ha ha , I awkwardly approached two sets of people in the tent trying to work out who they might be and what challenger they are attached to only to find out they where just hiding from the heat . Good to say hello to coolbreeze / Ben and their lovely wife's who made me feel welcome in the tent . Maybe next year we could be a little more organized and at leased know how to seek someone out if so inclined. Something like highlighting your spot on a map of the show field left in the tent .

17. NEPA SCAT

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Apperently leaving a handful of guys in charge without any female guidance to keep us organized and social was not a smart move. Proper manning/ coverage of the tent could not be attained this year. Hopefully next year we will have the proper guidance of Susie, Betty and T to keep us guys in line.;):D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 3:39 PM
  18. Hammer Down

Hammer Down 801 RWHP Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    SRT Hellcat
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Well, Grant. As ive posted previously. The last two years i did not park muh car with Hellcats. It was at the tent, which is where i was when not walking around. I was found sitting next to my big ass cooler full of Coronas. It was mad hot, so most of the days were under the tent with about 6-10 forum members at any given time.

But if everyone is hanging at their car to be judged it can be rough to hook up with members. It was just funny, two years ago. I backed my SRT8 in and happened to be back to back with Kevin. Two minutes go by and around the corner walks Betty and Susie. I was there a grand total of six minutes and ran into three, already. Sorry i couldnt make it this year. Many a thing kept me away.

Your biggest problem is that the event organizer shuffled her hiney on down to the retirement state. And there was no cooler of beer in the tent to keep em coming back.:)

19. NEPA SCAT

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Weather was awesome Saturday allowing all to walk around without melting like last year. Maybe why not too much hanging out in the tent.

20. RunningWithBeers

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    The catch 22 is unless there's a scheduled time to be at the tent there's so much to do and see that it'd be a matter of getting lucky to come across fellow forum members as you went by. Last year I was parked next to the tent so it was easy to be both at the tent to socialize and to talk with folks who were asking questions about mods etc. This year being at the top if the hill meant we could set my ez across from our cars and keep our coolers there etc but that put us fairly far from the tent and as more squatters got there my perception was we might be better off not having a tent.