Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, you're going to replace your Challenger's RT's stock exhaust with a cat-back (or you've already done it).

Sound aside, what factors would you consider in your selection, which brands would you avoid and what effects will this modification have on your car's performance?

PLEASE dazzle me with your insights ... please?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I changed my exhaust three time after I got it, I did blastin bobs 6db resonater exhaust with round dual wall tips, but it had a chuff sound after revving that bugged me, the bobs were not perforated, but the old cheese grater baffled type. I then decided to do 2.5 6 spd deletes, sounded good but not the tone I wanted, I then hacked out the stock mopar mufflers with Jones full boar 2.5 in/out mufflers, this was the cherry on top growl I wanted and was only $350 dollars installed, only extra bonus I gave the exhaust was the tips, changed from oem to dual square tips which eliminated an exhaust rattle that I had with original tips.....I'll try to post up the vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiyeLCsbguQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JL6VZgBnf0

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Cat backs premade are cool, and expensive, ive had my hands on a few different setups but none of them sounded like I wanted or were close to cheap. for the money I got a great sound, really woke the ponies up, lol Way nicer than oem, and sounds awesome while cruising in town with buildings all around, It turns many heads...lmao

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I installed a Magnaflow stainless cat back several years ago. It sounds good but was a few shades quieter than I had hoped for. Some day I'll do long tube headers and change the pipes again, but that hasn't even reached the back burner yet.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I did the borla and really love it but wish I had gone with just mufflers like jarhead11 lot cheaper and get a great sound. think about it, good luck you will find what you want

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Went w/ resonator delete w/ 5.7 6speed. Very happy with it, however, there is absolutely drone between 1800 and 2000 cruising rpm's but w/ a six speed you can always either shift up or shift down to avoid it. Love the tone and volume!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.