Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When jacking up the rear end of my 2013 R/T Saturday to weld on new exhaust tips my front right tire gave way. When the tire was pulled off I noticed several large stress marks and gashes on the inner sidewall. Thinking that I hit a large piece of metal unknowingly I put the spare on and ordered new tires. However, when taking off the other three wheels for a detail yesterday I noticed that the left front tire had similar gashes and stresses on the inner sidewall, and the beading was separating around the entire sidewall. My tires are the stock tires with only 20,500 miles on them. I called Goodyear to file a complaint after I noticed several other posts about this same issue around the internet, and one SRT8 owner reported the problem occurring at only 1,500 miles (yes 1,500 miles) and another at 15,000 miles. I do not know how common this problem is, but I urge everyone using Eagle F1 Supercar tires to take off all the wheels and inspect the inner sidewalls extremely well.

I will provide updates after the tires are changed, possibly tomorrow, and will also provide Goodyear's response to my complaint.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,406 Posts
Thanks for the heads -up. Just checked mine. They're stored in my garage (winter wheels & snow tires for my Holiday driving experience are still on my Challenger). All look good. Three years old & approx.: 19,900 miles on them. They'll be back on in about two weeks (hopefully). Other than not being worth a sh#% in the snow, or below 40 degrees, I've been very satisfied with their performance. Hope you get some satisfaction from Goodyear about yours. Hang in there Rusty.--:smileup:

Just one more thing---When you contact Goodyear, be polite & professional. Ask for their assistance, being a life long loyal customer. Come off demanding, and you might just as well drive to Discount Tire right now and buy a new set of Pirellis.----JMO--:D

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
20K MILES:SHOCKED::SHOCKED:Your the only one i know that got that many miles out of F1s!They are junk!What do you mean by front right tire gave way?Did it blow out when you jacked up the rear of the car?Get some good tires and be done with it tires are an unknown scam in the US?You will get $12 for prorated new ones but you will pay top $$$$.I might sound like a jerk but i have been through the ringer with tires lately!!:eek:ld:

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Wow 20K miles out of Goodyear F1's? How did you manage that? Mine were bald at 13,500 miles! I was not too impressed with them, but they came stock on my car. I went with Goodyear RSA's this time around, they're better but not all that impressed with them either. I'll be going with a different tire once these are shot.

I never had any issues with the sidewalls on my F1's though, guess I lucked out. Thanks for posting this up here though, that's definitely a major safety issue there!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have the Firestone firehawks on my car, 12k so far they appear OK. I have heard nothing but problems with the good years. If they blow you off,file a complaint with NTHSB That should be a safety issue, what if you were going at highway speed ???

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
OP: What tire pressures do you run and hold cold of temperatures did you operate the car with the F1s?

I have a friend with an R/T and one or two of his RSAs cracked and Goodyear replaced them stating there was a known issue with some of those. He thought he had hit something but when Goodyear looked at them, they replaced the tires.

·
Here Comes Trouble!
1,631 Posts
Goodyear = Good for about a year. I learned that in a different performance environment. I am going to buy Toyo Proxes when my RSA's go out. 20,000 miles on your F1's? Wow...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.