Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Catastrophic Issue with Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar Tires 245/45ZR20

8K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  ChristinaRTClassic 
#1 ·
When jacking up the rear end of my 2013 R/T Saturday to weld on new exhaust tips my front right tire gave way. When the tire was pulled off I noticed several large stress marks and gashes on the inner sidewall. Thinking that I hit a large piece of metal unknowingly I put the spare on and ordered new tires. However, when taking off the other three wheels for a detail yesterday I noticed that the left front tire had similar gashes and stresses on the inner sidewall, and the beading was separating around the entire sidewall. My tires are the stock tires with only 20,500 miles on them. I called Goodyear to file a complaint after I noticed several other posts about this same issue around the internet, and one SRT8 owner reported the problem occurring at only 1,500 miles (yes 1,500 miles) and another at 15,000 miles. I do not know how common this problem is, but I urge everyone using Eagle F1 Supercar tires to take off all the wheels and inspect the inner sidewalls extremely well.

I will provide updates after the tires are changed, possibly tomorrow, and will also provide Goodyear's response to my complaint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.