Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received BT catch can. I have removed the engine cover. I do not have an aftermarket CAI. Is it necessary to remove the duct connection to the throttle body as well? Which are the PCV hoses/connections? The picture on the instruction sheet from BT does not look like what I am seeing. I am stuck and don't want to screw anything up. I need photos or video specific to the 3.6. Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Used that a few months ago, was amazing help and thank you so much! :D

Reactions: ninjadave

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I read from Dodge's website I thought that it was impossible to install the catch can, or I guess because of the design of the engine that it was not beneficial or usable.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thats what I thought too , but you would be wrong, I installed one on mine with only 12k on engine. I collect about 1/2 an ounce every 1000 miles. Heck when I was installing the can I removed the blow-by tube and a bunch of oil and condensed water came pouring out... to think that recycles though your intake. A catch can is well worth it even on the Pentastar.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed, bones007 I was skeptical at first but after reading all the positive posts on the benefits of the catch can I went for it. How could it not be beneficial if it will keep oil and water condensation from getting into the engine?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Installed my BT CC last week ago Saturday, link was a great help. I have a K&N CAI, only thing I had to remove was the engine cover for the install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well just went ahead and installed the catch can today. Looks really clean. I kept the hoses much shorter than most other pictures I've seen of a similar installation ill try to add them here. Ended up installing on the passenger firewall made sure it was both baffled and breathable.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just emptied my catch can this evening. With just a few thousand miles, I managed to collect 4 ounces of oil. I was amazed, this would have gone through the intake manifold, past the valves and fouling it all up. It is well worth the installation!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts