Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members

I been reading a lot about catch cans in this forum. It seems to be a great product to avoid the problem of oil getting in to the intake.

My question is: is this just an issue on the V8 (R/T, HEMI) models or could my 3.5 V6 benefit from a catch can to? Its a great-looking mod but i would like it to be functional as well. Anyone who got any experience of a catch can in a 3.5 V6? Do you trap any oil in it?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,566 Posts
I had the 3.5 in my 2007 Magnum SXT and had a BT Catch Can on it. It actually captured about an inch of oil between every oil change.

BTW, I don't know where it would mount on the Challenger, it mounted on the cowl lip on the drivers side on the Magnum.

Reactions: Sweden

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I had the 3.5 in my 2007 Magnum SXT and had a BT Catch Can on it. It actually captured about an inch of oil between every oil change.

BTW, I don't know where it would mount on the Challenger, it mounted on the cowl lip on the drivers side on the Magnum.
Thanks bad8nti

That justifies the Catch Can on the 3.5 for sure. You dont want that inch of oil in your intake. I will order a BT, they look nice and its good to know it is not just for show. Thanks for your help :smileup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts