Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never experience anything like this before, coming home work around noon (south of Chicago) it was raining so hard visibility was impaired greatly, when like out of a movie I heard these hail stones hitting my car and I wanted to just cry. I'm the guy who parks 2 blocks away at a mall for fear of one ding, now I was getting bombarded with rocks from the sky. People were stopping under bridges, (not the smartest thing) this went on and off for at least 5 minutes (seemed like hours) it was a night mare. I was dreading what I would see when I got out of my car. so I pulled into my garage, wiped down the car and I could not believe that I could not find a single ding? I dried it down, pulled it outside look at every angle possible , nothing. I'm still in dis belief but in a good way. I know their has to be something on that car somewhere, it was like bombs were hitting the car. I'll post again after more inspections, but I may have experienced a miracle

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,426 Posts
This is entirely possible, no damage. If those were softer hail stones then they may not have caused any damage. Also the size of the stones does play a part. Hopefully your first assessment is correct!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Good on you, glad to hear of your good fortune. :smileup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Mopar miracle! :smileup:

Good that you found no damage, count yourself lucky!

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Glad you didn't get dented, I have seen and heard of too many sad stories caused by hail.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Happy to hear that you found no damage. This has not been a favorable spring and the weather shifts have been Hellish! Glad You're OK! Lou.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Glad to hear you came away from the hail storm undamaged. Myself, not so lucky. There was a hail storm late last month that damaged every vehicle I own. My Challenger sustained over $4700 in damage and its been in the body shop for 2 weeks now! Thankfully, I get it back tomorrow with a new trunk, hood, and R/T stripes!

·
12,989 Posts
It must have been your lucky day, I thank god that we don't get much of that sort of thing here.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have never experience anything like this before, coming home work around noon (south of Chicago) it was raining so hard visibility was impaired greatly, when like out of a movie I heard these hail stones hitting my car and I wanted to just cry. I'm the guy who parks 2 blocks away at a mall for fear of one ding, now I was getting bombarded with rocks from the sky. People were stopping under bridges, (not the smartest thing) this went on and off for at least 5 minutes (seemed like hours) it was a night mare. I was dreading what I would see when I got out of my car. so I pulled into my garage, wiped down the car and I could not believe that I could not find a single ding? I dried it down, pulled it outside look at every angle possible , nothing. I'm still in dis belief but in a good way. I know their has to be something on that car somewhere, it was like bombs were hitting the car. I'll post again after more inspections, but I may have experienced a miracle
Popeachallenger was with you today!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... ooooo.... ohhhhhh. oh. OH! HEY! Good news!

I was worried there for a minute.

Glad to hear the Force worked, your welcome.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where were you at south of chicago??, i work downtown and my challenger is parked at the metra station in tinley park, hope it is ok,
I left Woodridge around 11 am, and it happened around 11.20 on 335 going north, honestly I cant understand how I don't see a single "ping" anywhere, I hope you were ok in Tinley, by the time I got farther north it wasn't even raining. go figure. You cant imagine the feeling hearing what sounds jack hammers banging on your car. God must have been next to me.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
You cant imagine the feeling hearing what sounds jack hammers banging on your car. God must have been next to me.
I can!

Glad you didn't have any damage though, because if you did that sick feeling would have lasted for months instead of hours! :shakehead:

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
I hope your secondary inspection confirms no damage. I'm not sure why you say folks stopping under a bridge was bad? That would be my first move if I were caught in a hailstorm.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,426 Posts
Pulling into a car wash is also a good idea in a hail storm! I think if it was raining heavily, that might have saved your car from the damage. How big were the hail stones? Sometimes the heavy rain sounds as bad as the hail. Been in many hail storms!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope your secondary inspection confirms no damage. I'm not sure why you say folks stopping under a bridge was bad? That would be my first move if I were caught in a hailstorm.
Are you kidding me? cars were not only off to the side under the bridge but they were stopping right in the lanes. and with near zero visibility, I;m surprised I didn't see any accidents. cars panicked when their was no room off to the side off the lanes, so they just stopped right where they were, if that's not bad I don't know what it.
and after further inspection still cant see a single mark on my car, plain crazy (but in a good way)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts