Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'16 scat pack.
anybody else have this problem? was able to get the a/c going via the touchscreen only after resetting system to factory defaults. all buttons and dials, except hazards, in console still would not function after reset. this is a brand new car. why is this happening?
hoping these problems are not representative of my future ownership experience. new to the brand. also took delivery last sunday with a paint issue in the trunk area. was given a "due bill" to get the paint repaired at the dealer's paint shop, an hour away. how could quality control not catch the boils in the paint and the surface rust that had formed?

·
Registered
35 Posts
'16 scat pack.
anybody else have this problem? was able to get the a/c going via the touchscreen only after resetting system to factory defaults. all buttons and dials, except hazards, in console still would not function after reset. this is a brand new car. why is this happening?
hoping these problems are not representative of my future ownership experience. new to the brand. also took delivery last sunday with a paint issue in the trunk area. was given a "due bill" to get the paint repaired at the dealer's paint shop, an hour away. how could quality control not catch the boils in the paint and the surface rust that had formed?
Making me nervous I should get my sp this coming up week

·
Registered
109 Posts
'16 scat pack.
FCA is one of the worst with QC still.
I test drove a scatpack last year right off the truck and the 8.1 inch display didnt work.
They had to get a technician to get it working before I could test drive.
Still I am looking forward to getting a scatpack next year but I do hope the QC issues are improved

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really hate to hear that. I have had no such issues with controls or paint on my '16 SP.
That's good though: the fewer the people that have had these same problems with their Challenger, the more of a fluke this was. I appreciate you taking the time to write.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FCA is one of the worst with QC still.
I test drove a scatpack last year right off the truck and the 8.1 inch display didnt work.
They had to get a technician to get it working before I could test drive.
Still I am looking forward to getting a scatpack next year but I do hope the QC issues are improved
Yeah, and it's been my experience with many electronics throughout the years, they can have issues like bugs, etc...
I'm hoping this was just a fluke and once fixed, a thing of the past. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Making me nervous I should get my sp this coming up week
Honestly, I wouldn't let it stop me. I have owned many cars over the years, this is a really nice car. Incredible blend of comfort, style, and power. No shortage of power. In fact, I have had to change the way I drive this first week of ownership (touchy accelerator pedal, don't floor it!).
My salesman said the car may have just not been put through the proper pre-delivery steps. I get it back in a day or two. I'll be curious to find out what the cause of the touchscreen / console buttons problem was. As far as the paint blemish: should be a quick and easy fix for their paint shop. I'm just happy it was in such an inconspicuous place, under the trunk lid in between the top of the driver's side rear quarter panel and the trunk's weather stripping (where water flows out). Thanks for taking the time to write. I'm trying to gather as much info from other owners as possible to get a sense of how common these problems are.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've had my 15 SP for over a year & have had 0 issues. My 13 charger had 0 as well. Not sure how many issues arise past 2 years of ownership but so far, so good.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
In all fairness, you shouldn't have been allowed to drive a new car that was just off the truck. Most dealerships have a per-delivery process so that customers don't encounter such issues.

Reactions: Coreym

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, and it's been my experience with many electronics throughout the years, they can have issues like bugs, etc...
I'm hoping this was just a fluke and once fixed, a thing of the past. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Hoping things are taken care of now under warranty for you. I have no experience owning a Dodge but will even with some of the QC issues because its still one of the coolest looking cars and powerful

·
Registered
620 Posts
There is probably a multi-pin wiring harness connector that didn't get properly seated. Easy fix if true.

·
Registered
109 Posts
In all fairness, you shouldn't have been allowed to drive a new car that was just off the truck. Most dealerships have a per-delivery process so that customers don't encounter such issues.
I believe I just happened to get there at delivery time plus it was the only scatpack.
I agree with you that they should have made sure everything was good to go before I could run but they didnt so it makes the dealership look pretty bad.
Im looking forward to owning one soon as it was the best time ive had driving a car. I have to get it soon before another refresh happens and I cant make up my mind as to what i want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hoping things are taken care of now under warranty for you. I have no experience owning a Dodge but will even with some of the QC issues because its still one of the coolest looking cars and powerful
Getting it back today or tomorrow. I'm curious to find out what the cause of the non-operational buttons was. Probably something basic and easy to fix considering there were no other "side effects."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is probably a multi-pin wiring harness connector that didn't get properly seated. Easy fix if true.
That makes sense. I could see that being the possible culprit. I get the car returned to me today or tomorrow; I'll be sure to find out what the cause of the problem was. Thanks for writing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good call. I wouldn't have ever asked to drive (or buy) it without a proper pre-delivery inspection / set up. The car had been sitting on the lot for a week or two before I got there, but this doesn't guarantee it was put through the proper pre-delivery process.
It was just a guess on my salesman's part, probably because he felt bad that within a week the car was not operating correctly. I'll find out the true cause of the non-operational console buttons when I pick up the car today or tomorrow. Thanks for replying to my post.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've had my 15 SP for over a year & have had 0 issues. My 13 charger had 0 as well. Not sure how many issues arise past 2 years of ownership but so far, so good.
That is great to hear. I was surprised when the buttons and dials went non-operational. I did my research for close to two months prior to buying the car last week. I had not come across complaints pertaining to the console buttons (or anything else for that matter!).
I'm sure once this situation is taken care of, and we know the cause, I'll be able to enjoy my new car, too. Thanks for taking the time to write.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
That sucks man, hope they get it fixed up for you. I haven't had any issues yet to date (2015 SP w/ 8500 miles).

My wife's 2014 Chrysler 300 had issues with the touchscreen though, sometimes it would get fuzzy and stop working, then suddenly it would start working again. It was likely a loose connection somewhere, probably something simple, but since it was a lease and we were turning it in soon, we never bothered to take it in.

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
Firmware. Yes, you need the U-Conect firmware update for the screen. It controls everything including the buttons. The dealer did my update with a flash image on an SD card plugged into the slot in the console. All problems went away. Same problem you are having.

-John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Firmware. Yes, you need the U-Conect firmware update for the screen. It controls everything including the buttons. The dealer did my update with a flash image on an SD card plugged into the slot in the console. All problems went away. Same problem you are having.

-John
This is the best explanation I've heard so far. With all the electronics in the car, this does not surprise me in the least. It also goes along with what my salesman said about the pre-delivery steps possibly not being completed properly. Looks as though it is an easy fix. Can't thank you enough for passing this information along. I've already texted it to my salesman to ensure it gets done before I make the hour-long drive to retrieve the car. Thank you again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts