Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
59 Posts
They guy who came up with those definitions probably drinks soy lattes.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
So, you're saying a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner or a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T aren't muscle cars? You are the only person in history who says they're not.
Who said they were not muscle cars?

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
249 Posts
Who said they were not muscle cars?
This guy. I know you are going to say, "he didn't say that." Right, not specifically, but his definition of a muscle car would exclude any unibody car. Chrysler B body cars (ie. Charger and Roadrunner) are unibody cars that are widely considered by 99.999962% of the population as muscle cars.

By definition a ‘muscle car’ has a frame. That is the clear and only guideline. What you think is irrelevant. A Crown Vic is more of a muscle car than a Challenger.
They are all pony cars and have been for almost 60 years.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Regardless what you call them, they are very different than the Camaro or Mustang. Much larger interior, exterior and trunk. Very similar dimensions to my 70 Cutlass S. Yes, I know the manufacturer, full frame and 50 years worth of technology make them different. My Cutlass does have the little roll down windows in the back seat, which the Challenger doesn't. Being claustrophobic, I hate riding in the back seat of the Challenger. Glad these are selling, I hope they consider stretching this model like originally planned. Even one year of the Boosted/Hybrid Inline 6 with AWD would be amazing.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
This guy. I know you are going to say, "he didn't say that." Right, not specifically, but his definition of a muscle car would exclude any unibody car. Chrysler B body cars (ie. Charger and Roadrunner) are unibody cars that are widely considered by 99.999962% of the population as muscle cars.
None of that was my definition which is my point. There is no clear definition of a Muscle Car or Pony Car. Just lots of opinions.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
59 Posts
The Challenger feels about the same size as my 2014 GT500. The Challenger is 10 inches long ger and about 2 inches wider. So, there isn't a massive difference.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts