Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Challenger Hellcat or Charger Hellcat and why?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I seem to really like posting polls in order to glean information from the results.
SO, which would you prefer to purchase and why? The Challenger Hellcat or The Charger Hellcat?:4-dontknow:

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
Challenger Hellcat! No car looks better :smileup:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I traded a Charger for my Challenger. It was a great car, but nothing compares to the looks of the Challenger.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yes I voted for Charger...though generally speaking, since it's faster then the challenger and inevitable that one will most definitely pull up beside you at a light, I say charger...not saying that I would sell out for one, just say'in who wants to get beat by a soccer moms car..."come on dodge" get with it and redesign a real retro charger all ready, 2 doors please thank you...it must of been lee Iacocca himself that added the two rear doors on the modern Charger, guess what, it just don't belong, Charger is not a family car its a legacy as much as if not more then the Challenger...I think Chrysler already has enough bread and butter soccer mom cars to choose from, give back the respect the Charger R/T deserves, flying buttress, door scallops, rear quarter top fuel cap, the whole nine yards and go retro...

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,452 Posts
Gotta give the thumbs to the Challenger, but I wouldn't mind having that monster of a Charger in my stable.

Besides, this is a Challenger forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would choose the challenger again and again, I am a pro-Ford but I chose the challenger for the classic look.to me the charger is to small and has similar looks to the mustang.like I've heard, you can loose weight, but you can't fix ugly.lol...

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would choose the Challenger, obviously because I already own one. Because of the old school looks and appeal that seperates it from the rest of the muscle car field, it wins hands down in my opinion. The Charger, even equipped with a Hellcat engine, loses because it looks nothing like the original Charger with 4 doors and now looking like a Dart's big brother on steroids! Challenger all day!!

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
8,999 Posts
I also traded my Charger R/T for a Challenger. Really liked the Charger, but couldn't get past the two extra doors.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Is there really a decision here? lol

·
Premium Member
18,429 Posts
Gotta give the thumbs to the Challenger, but I wouldn't mind having that monster of a Charger in my stable.

Besides, this is a Challenger forum.
Exactly.
I'm sure the results would be close to the exact opposite on the Charger forum.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I enjoy riding in the coupe, all my life I have had sedans and now I am bent on the coupe, same engines. I couldn't vote honestly I love them both.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,555 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I voted Charger because of the styling. . . I agree the four-door aspect ruins the looks alot, but although I love the Challenger, I think the front end styling went too far for the engine and killed most of the retro look. The massive front air opening ruins the whole thing for me. Plus, I have never been a fan of the '71 grille so that's a turnoff to all 2015s. . . Although I loved the hellcat Challenger when it was debuted, I am still dreaming about owning a 700 hp Charger. Plus this really gets me going. .

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes I voted for Charger...though generally speaking, since it's faster then the challenger and inevitable that one will most definitely pull up beside you at a light, I say charger...not saying that I would sell out for one, just say'in who wants to get beat by a soccer moms car..."come on dodge" get with it and redesign a real retro charger all ready, 2 doors please thank you...it must of been lee Iacocca himself that added the two rear doors on the modern Charger, guess what, it just don't belong, Charger is not a family car its a legacy as much as if not more then the Challenger...I think Chrysler already has enough bread and butter soccer mom cars to choose from, give back the respect the Charger R/T deserves, flying buttress, door scallops, rear quarter top fuel cap, the whole nine yards and go retro...
On paper the Challenger is faster 0-60. In real life, I'll beat the soccer mom no matter what she"s driving.

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,093 Posts
Since they didn't go with the concept version......................

I'll have to stick with the Challenger.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts