Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.

I just bought a 2014 SXT Plus fully loaded. I'm wondering about the stop lights though. I thought the entire back end lit up but I only see the outer most bulbs light up (not the middle lights on the trunk lid). Some pictures I see online show the 2014 model lighting up the entire rear end.

I attached a pic in case my explanation was too vague. The red circled areas light up on my car. The yellow circled areas I thought were supposed to light up, but they do not. (The reverse lights light up though).

This one pic from a car show shows fully lit

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Yeah you and every body else would like the the full length to light up but "NOT" only the outers ...IMO the engineers didn't do it cause it draws to many amps and gets to hot for one circuit, it would of cost more to separate the the circuits to minimize amp draw...You can do aftermarket or mopar but the amp draw is there with either set up...if it was me I probably wouldn't hold the brake to long at lights (lots of heat) and more then likely the root cause of most problems with these systems which is why LED is the way to go (bulbs run cooler)...but it is cool no doubt, when I get an extra 200 to burn I'm pondering this mod myself but probably won't hold the brake at lights...at the end of the day half the users claim no issues and the other half do...my 2 cents

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. That makes sense since they are bulbs and not LEDs. I am considering purchasing full LED replacements for all of the bulbs including trunk/glove/map/courtesy lights and I may do the rear lights as well.

That link you provided me DodgeGuy, I do not see any aftermarket stop light kits for the challenger, only pulsing light kit.

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
I have the WebElectric kit on mine and haven't had any problems with them. Put them on right after I got the car (Sept 2010) - one of my favorite mods.....$150 well spent in my opinion because now I have the full break light bar lit up.....

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Thanks for the replies. That makes sense since they are bulbs and not LEDs. I am considering purchasing full LED replacements for all of the bulbs including trunk/glove/map/courtesy lights and I may do the rear lights as well.

That link you provided me DodgeGuy, I do not see any aftermarket stop light kits for the challenger, only pulsing light kit.
When you open the link click on the Challenger. The sequencing kit gives you the break light bar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
When you open the link click on the Challenger. The sequencing kit gives you the break light bar.
Awesome, thanks a lot. I think I'll order this kit seeing as it's so cheap.

Does anyone know, with this kit, if you can turn the sequencer off so it just stays solid?

EDIT: Site only ships to 50 US states, no International shipping to Canada unfortunately.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found out that when the low beams kick in at night, the full bar does light up on the back of the car. You'll need to purchase the sequential light kit to get the full bars running 24/7.

I can special order through my dealer the official MOPAR sequential tail light kit, but they want to steal $300 from me for that. A few previous posts here suggested another site, where they sell it for around $150, but they do NOT ship to Canada.

Anyone know where I can get the sequential tail light kit shipped to me in Canada for under $200? I'd like to order it but have had no luck thus far searching for a retailer (online or otherwise) that could order it for me.

I did find it here on NorthAmericanTuning and they ship to Canada, but despite what the webpage says, the sales guy told me it doesn't fit on the 2014 because it is "different" than the 2013. I asked them to re-verify that but got no response. I thought the 2014 was the same tail light kit as the 2013, but 2015 is the one that is different?

Here's the site: http://www.northamericantuning.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=NAT-1255&CartID=1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts