Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I didn't get pictures, I really wish I did. I was getting gas as I saw a sublime green Challenger pull up (traffic was creeping extra slow). At first glance, I thought, "Hey, Scat Pack!" because it had the fender badges. Then I saw the 2014 and older black 20" wheels with major rash, and a scratched up fascia. The car looked rough. It pulled forward a bit more and I saw the older style rear with a single crooked stripe going the length of the car on the driver's side. I get in and I meet it on the highway. It's buzzing like a V6, and when he slowed down to turn I saw in the mirror that it had a 2015 fascia and Hellcat hood.

Basically, I saw a rough 2014 or older Challenger V6 with a Hellcat hood and Scat Pack badges with a 2015 non-Hellcat fascia swap.

I know it's his car and he can do what he wants, but still..

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
2,262 Posts
Might be one someone got wrecked and is fixing up, as for the different years seen that on a few, and there is 3 running around in my Area with Hellcat badging that at SXT and 1 is a older SE with single exhaust. Body Panels updates dont bother me but the Badging is pushing it over the line.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can do the body panel swaps no issue, but it was the fender badges that really got to me, and the poorly applied stripe.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I agree with the Stripes / Badging being irritating also some must feel they would be more shamed to have no badging since you never seen an S/E or SXT Badging from the Factory. Heck I love my SXT if anyone has issues cause I got a V6 that's fine with me as well I almost considered a later model SXT / RT Hood I like the longer scoops but looking back what I have matches more with the Classic 70 which is also cool.

·
Registered
308 Posts
A couple decades ago at a car show far-far away... I showed up with a Chevy Caprice decked out like an Impala SS (for you young bucks, in the mid 1990's the Impala SS was just a trim package applied to the Caprice cop car chassis). Really tweaked the Impala guys. My car was getting a lot of attention because it was different from theirs. Not because it was better, faster, cleaner, or anything else - just different. It was what I could afford at the time.

The flip side... Without the car-guy experiences of those years, I probably wouldn't be the car guy I am now.

So if some dude wants to patch up a clapped out V6 car because that is all he can afford, then I say go for it! The more enthusiasts we have in this hobby, the more it will be supported by the marketplace - both aftermarket and OEM.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
When I had my 79 Z28 I removed all the decals and Repainted it after I hung the longer 81 front end on it. I loved the cleaner look and it was not broadcasting anything,
and yes time and time again the Moral of it comes up for up badging or decals. Yep it's your if you want to put SRT Logos on the SXT / SE why not but with today Cars
it's more evident of what you do not have being spotted out like a sore thumb smacked with a Hammer. At least in the old days you hardly heard a 4 Banger, or 6 Banger
with a V8 badging unlike today. That is not to say a wrecked or damaged one being put together with what ever one can get hands on and hopefully later correcting the
badging and decals.

Happy and Blessed 4th Everyone
Bill

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,599 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
can anyone help me.. I have a 2011 challenger srt 6.4 it started ticking and I found a motor off a 2018 scat pack same 6.4 just 10hp more what issues would I run into sawping that

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,800 Posts
When the upbadgers don't change the stock exhaust tailpipe setup it is obvious what they've done to the SXT.

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Not a sin in my opinion. I personally would not do it but to each his own.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
can anyone help me.. I have a 2011 challenger srt 6.4 it started ticking and I found a motor off a 2018 scat pack same 6.4 just 10hp more what issues would I run into sawping that
I would go to SRT Performance site here on the Z and ask your question. I believe you would get an answer there more appropriate to your question.
Welcome to the Z from Canton, OH!
Did you introduce yourself in the NOOB section of the Z?
I believe that a swap would be pretty detailed and the right Site would more beneficial to your need.
Lots of Good Info here on the Z but this might be the wrong thread to ask it in.
Can @KeysB5Blue Admin redirect this OP post?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,770 Posts

Actually, I think it's 15 hp and 5 ft lbs more

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
No I didn't get pictures, I really wish I did. I was getting gas as I saw a sublime green Challenger pull up (traffic was creeping extra slow). At first glance, I thought, "Hey, Scat Pack!" because it had the fender badges. Then I saw the 2014 and older black 20" wheels with major rash, and a scratched up fascia. The car looked rough. It pulled forward a bit more and I saw the older style rear with a single crooked stripe going the length of the car on the driver's side. I get in and I meet it on the highway. It's buzzing like a V6, and when he slowed down to turn I saw in the mirror that it had a 2015 fascia and Hellcat hood.

Basically, I saw a rough 2014 or older Challenger V6 with a Hellcat hood and Scat Pack badges with a 2015 non-Hellcat fascia swap.

It won’t be long before Fake Boys expose him it’s their vise

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,467 Posts

It appears that it was wrecked, and then repaired with what ever part could be found at the local junk yard; fascia, hood, and both front fenders...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts