Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Motor Authority;

There's no denying that the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is one of the most exciting new American cars in recent years. It's the most powerful muscle car ever created from the factory, it will run the quarter-mile in under 11 seconds, and it has one of the greatest names ever applied to a vehicle, ever. Additionally, it's priced oh-so-right with a starting MSRP of $60,990.
If you want one though, you'd better let your dealer know now. It seems that the Hellcat is going to be a limited edition devilish plaything.
According to our friends at Edmunds, the Hellcat production run could be capped at just 1,200 cars. With the excitement that this car is stirring up, we could see all 1,200 examples finding homes awfully quickly. There are around 2,400 Dodge dealerships here in the States. We doubt that every dealer would wind up with a Hellcat if just 1,200 are to be made. That means if you truly want one, you better start calling around to find out where they'll be sold.
Hit the phones, send out emails, and embrace the Hellcat life. While you're on the phone, you should be transferred to the service department and put in an order for extra rear tires. You're going to need them.

Here is the link, http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...at-production-may-be-volume-limited?fbfanpage

Seriously, if this is true, like I was thinking it may be, we could see really high dealer markups.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am being told by Utah Dodge Dealers that only 500 will be released to dealers which means won't dealers won't have one allocated.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Ha, the number keeps getting lower with every new thread about production. I'm not buying that low number. It is not cost effective from an R&D standpoint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would tend to agree and like to agree but several dealeships aren't even taking my downpayment citing they don't think they will have any allocation because of the low number.. Regardless 2016 should have a ton released.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,409 Posts
Sounds like a good PR stunt to me. Ramp up the hipe, get everyone thinking they aren't going to produce many, and the demand gets higher and more desperate.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,409 Posts
And with that above post talking about the Hellcat, I hit 2,666 posts. Yikes! I needed this post immediately!

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
I personally think it's just hype to get the masses all worked up. I seem to remember they told us there was limited production of the shakers - like 100 or so??. Isn't that above 2000 units now?
It's a good strategy though - you always want what you can't have - so run to place an order now, or get on a 'waiting list' if you can!!!
Maybe this is their way of gaging interest to see how many folks are looking to buy one at the initial release. I agree that 2016 will probably see more production numbers.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,580 Posts
I thought I remember someone (Ralph?) saying they were going to build as many as they had orders for.Of course that could be limited by how long order banks are open.

Reactions: 09ChallengerDad

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Think for a minute, folks....
35% more time in the wind tunnel....
90% of the powertrain is strengthened and improved to handle the loads....
They're eating the Gas Guzzler tax.....
Do these sound like things done for a "limited production" car, or are they trying to satisfy the requests of loyal enthusiasts at one helluva bargain price?

Dealerships make their money by moving large numbers of cars. The same is no less true of the manufacturer.

·
Administrator
53,580 Posts
Think for a minute, folks....
35% more time in the wind tunnel....
90% of the powertrain is strengthened and improved to handle the loads....
They're eating the Gas Guzzler tax.....
Do these sound like things done for a "limited production" car, or are they trying to satisfy the requests of loyal enthusiasts at one helluva bargain price?

Dealerships make their money by moving large numbers of cars. The same is no less true of the manufacturer.
Yup that is what I would think also.

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah, if the 1,200 unit number posted at Top Speed really did come from Chrysler, I'm kind of hoping it's just to drum up a bit of extra interest. It could encourage those on the fence to get in touch with their dealers. I wanted one before I heard any of these whispers about restricted volume. However, I'm not willing to overpay for it if it turns out that dealers try to mark it up over limited availability and demand.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,409 Posts
I was at my local dealer today for a routine service. When I pulled in, I couldn't find a parking spot, so I just pulled in front and parked. Then of course I decided to take a few pics because this is the only time in the last two years I have ever seen this many Challengers on the dealer's lot.
When I got out and started taking pictures, the salesman came out. He was a young guy, and we had a nice conversation. One thing led to another and of course the Hellcat became the main topic.
He said they have six people on the waiting list. I asked if he thought they would get one in. He was fairly hopeful, but the first person on the list is the owner of the dealership. His first 2008 SRT Challenger is sitting in the showroom now. I have a feeling if he gets this car, it will be sitting in the showroom. At least I might get to see one that way! This is a five star dealership. Would that make any difference in who gets a Hellcat??
Here are a couple pics of my car and the other Challengers:

Attachments

·
Administrator
53,580 Posts
I was at my local dealer today for a routine service. When I pulled in, I couldn't find a parking spot, so I just pulled in front and parked. Then of course I decided to take a few pics because this is the only time in the last two years I have ever seen this many Challengers on the dealer's lot.
When I got out and started taking pictures, the salesman came out. He was a young guy, and we had a nice conversation. One thing led to another and of course the Hellcat became the main topic.
He said they have six people on the waiting list. I asked if he thought they would get one in. He was fairly hopeful, but the first person on the list is the owner of the dealership. His first 2008 SRT Challenger is sitting in the showroom now. I have a feeling if he gets this car, it will be sitting in the showroom. At least I might get to see one that way! This is a five star dealership. Would that make any difference in who gets a Hellcat??
Here are a couple pics of my car and the other Challengers:
I am not sure how they are allocating them, they may only go to Certified SRT dealers but I really do not know, maybe someone else will.Man if they have 6 on the waiting list there I can only imagine the list in LA.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts