Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned a challenger back in 1974 am looking info on newer edition like what is difference between 5.7 6.2 and 6.4 I can’t afford a demon or hellcat just lookin for a fast ride auto or manual help me out with your opinions

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
welcome to the z from ny . the 6.2 is the hellcat/demon

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,293 Posts
Welcome.... 5.7 is fast... 6.4 is faster.... LOL... but seriously.. both come with A8 or 6 Spd trans... I would suggest you take each for a test drive to see which one suits you best... If its just to zip around in... the 5.7 should be more than enough. If you get bit by horsepower easily.. then the 6.4 might be better... I have had a 5.7. then 6.4, and now a Hellcat... used Hellcats are getting pretty affordable... but again if its just to have a cruiser, the 5.7 is nice. Most of my car friends here seem quite pleased with the A8 and 6.4 combo...

·
What's Old is New Again!
35,910 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Registered
196 Posts
5.7 is the entry level hemi, around 370hp, it's a good cruiser, the 6.4 is the next step up in power and is 485hp and a fairly noticeable power jump, the 6.2 is super charged and in the hellcat, hellcat redeye, demon etc, it is great fun but a lot of power and you have to pay attention while driving it, best bang for you buck horsepower new is a scat pack but you can find used srt 392 cars and even used hellcats for a reasonable dollar now, you should test drive a 5.7 and a 6.4 and if neither is enough then just go hellcat

·
Registered
489 Posts
welcome from south florida. owner of a s.p. 392 and can honestly say this is probably more horsepower than you can use everyday, hands down. the supercharged versions are the halo car, but not as a d.d. and the r/t's are a great car if you never have driven a high horsepower car. nothing to ashamed of, great value. whatever you choose, we will be here to oooh and aaaah over it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon. If you had a charger in74 your probably old and shiftless like a lot of us on here. I appreciate the 8 spd auto. But nothing wrong with sliding thru the gears if you want that old time nostalgia.

If you are a power monster go with the 6.4 lots of horses. If your a motor head, and want to do your own the 5.7 is the upgrade princess and can almost be HP'D to the level of the 6.4. Almost. All it takes is money. And you can usually get an RT with all the goodies a little cheaper and keep the payment down a little.

The Hellcat is the premiere but you need a place to use all that power and I believe only comes in auto. If I'm wrong someone will correct me shortly.

The RT Scat Pack is probably the best compromise if you don't mind a little less bling. Cloth seats ect.

Whatever you do your gonna love it and so will we. Lots of brain power to pick on here.

Hey Greek Mason, what makes you think you can out drink me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
guess you never hung out with a greek before. hahahahahahahahahaha we are like the Texans of the ancient world. we needed twelve gods sitting on a mountain to control us. we built all of our homes without walls, because, who is scared of the weather. and we still wear those white skirts and shoes with pom poms on them because we just don't care. the scots and the irish think they are wearing skirts, but theirs come down to the kness, we go mini! thats why we drink

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the 6.4 Scat Pack and love it. It’s got quite a kick to it, but it’s not to the point where I feel uncomfortable driving it on a daily basis.

I’ve owned a 5.7 Charger and a 2014 5.0 Mustang, and this is definitely my favorite setup. The 8 speed auto is definitely solid and switches gears smooth and silky in auto stick mode.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Welcome from the great state of Eastern Oregon. If you had a charger in74 your probably old and shiftless like a lot of us on here. I appreciate the 8 spd auto. But nothing wrong with sliding thru the gears if you want that old time nostalgia.

If you are a power monster go with the 6.4 lots of horses. If your a motor head, and want to do your own the 5.7 is the upgrade princess and can almost be HP'D to the level of the 6.4. Almost. All it takes is money. And you can usually get an RT with all the goodies a little cheaper and keep the payment down a little.

The Hellcat is the premiere but you need a place to use all that power and I believe only comes in auto. If I'm wrong someone will correct me shortly.

The RT Scat Pack is probably the best compromise if you don't mind a little less bling. Cloth seats ect.

Whatever you do your gonna love it and so will we. Lots of brain power to pick on here.

Hey Greek Mason, what makes you think you can out drink me.

Hellcat comes in manual or auto....the Hellcat Redeye is auto only....

·
Registered
529 Posts
guess you never hung out with a greek before. hahahahahahahahahaha we are like the Texans of the ancient world. we needed twelve gods sitting on a mountain to control us. we built all of our homes without walls, because, who is scared of the weather. and we still wear those white skirts and shoes with pom poms on them because we just don't care. the scots and the irish think they are wearing skirts, but theirs come down to the kness, we go mini! thats why we drink View attachment 252803
LMFAO. Maybe you can out drink me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts